Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Apple is a no fuss, quick dinner to enjoy any night of the week! All you need is a few simple ingredients.
It's the end of August, and I'm ready for fall. I get this way every year around this time. I'm over summer, and the heat/humidity, I'm over all the rain, and I'm honestly over swimming.
Even though our pool is still warm enough, and the ocean is tempting, I'm ready for fall. I'm ready for shorter days, I'm ready for cooler temps, and I'm definitely ready for fall flavors.
Bring on the pumpkin!
I used to be all sorts of pumpkin crazy, but the last pumpkin spice latte I had from the green coffee shop was less than stellar, and sort of turned me off.
I can't stand pumpkin spice coffee creamer anymore, and pumpkin flavored coffee, nope, totally leave that stuff at the grocery store. I'm more of a pumpkin foodie type.
Of course fall can't come without the other tasty fall ingredients. Even though I enjoy sweet potatoes year round, they will always hold a special place in my heart as far as the last 2 months of the year are concerned.
I grew up eating sweet potato pies for the holidays, and so they always remind me of that. No matter what the recipe is that I'm eating.
This past spring I made a tasty One Pan Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, & Sweet Potato dish that has received rave reviews, and been pinned a couple of thousand times.
Of course I know why...it's delicious! 😉
I wanted to make another one pan dish because I'm literally obsessed (check out all of our one pan meals), but I wanted to use sausage (not pork, y'all this one is a beef sausage). I cook a lot with beef sausage, and love this Kiolbassa Smoked Meats brand that I found in Publix. The ingredient list is small, and they don't use corn syrup!
I seasoned up this dish with cinnamon, but I used honey in my One Pan Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, & Sweet Potato, so you could drizzle some honey on these ingredients as well.
When I made this up, I just didn't have any on hand, and thought the cinnamon was perfect as is. So I've never made it with honey. But you can!
Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Apple ingredients:
- smoked beef sausage
- sweet potato
- olive oil
Want to add a little something special? Drizzle with honey!
More one pan recipe favorites:
- One Pan Crispy Flounder & Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato
- Sheet Pan Cajun Chicken
- 1 package Kiolbassa Smoked Meats brand sausage, sliced into ½ inch rounds this is a beef sausage
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 2 medium apples I used Pink Lady
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the apple and sweet potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle oil over the tops. I didn't measure, I just started drizzling at one end, and went to the other. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the slices of sausage rounds throughout on the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g