This Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato is ready in less than 20 minutes. Flavor packed with herbs, it’s a healthy meal that is perfect any night of the week.
As I sit here typing this, the house is silent except for the random scribbling of pencil across paper, as Kelsie is doing her school work for the day. The dogs are silent, and even though we live on a busy street, there doesn’t seem to be the steady stream of cars going by.
Throughout all this silence, all I can do is think. Things have been unsettled here over the past month or so. My car wants to start some of the time. We think it’s the ignition going bad, but aren’t positive.
We paid to have a sensor replaced, that the car guy thought was probably the issue. It wasn’t.
So sometimes it will start right up, sometimes it won’t. And guess what…it won’t do it when we take it in to the shop! (story of my life)
Kayla’s car had to have the starter replaced. She depleted her savings to do so. Our internet went wonky, and dropped speed, which resulted in our internet company to come out to the house. It’s just all small things, but it leaves one to think, what’s next? Like, what else could go wrong?
All the while, while I’m thinking about these things, I keep telling myself that we’re blessed.
Sure, we’re having some minor (seriously minor compared) issues. But, thankfully we aren’t in Texas, where things are much worse. I mean we live along the gulf coast.
We could have a hurricane come through at any time during the season, and leave the ocean inside our home. It’s possible. At least we have vehicles. A lot of people lost theirs in the floods. At least we have a roof over our heads. A lot of people are left without even that.
So while, I think about the bad going on in my own life, I always try and think, it could be worse. It’s all about perspective.
For now though, in the silence, I’m going to focus on telling y’all how juicy this sausage is, and how perfectly matched up the sweet potatoes and asparagus are.
This Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato has all of my favorites.
- Sausage, because I’ve really been cooking a lot of one pan dishes with it lately.
- Asparagus, because when it’s roasted like this, it tastes amazing!
- Sweet potato, oh, how I adore you!
This dish is done is less than 20 minutes! 20 minutes, y’all that is crazy quick.
When I start this dish, I have just enough time to rotate some laundry around, and maybe fold a load, because the timer is going off, and my house smells awesome.
A quick kitchen clean up tip – always line your pans with foil or parchment paper.
My choice is always parchment paper, because I do find with foil, you have to spray it with non-stick cooking spray. But either way, virtually no clean-up. Which makes whoever cleans up the kitchen happy.
If you aren’t fans of sweet potato – shocking, to me, but Kayla actually doesn’t like sweet potato.
Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato substitutions:
Red potatos – Russet Potatoes – Green Beans – Broccoli
More sheet pan recipes:
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Apple
- Sheet Pan Cajun Chicken
- Sheet Pan Roasted Balsamic & Honey Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 package Kiolbassa Smoked Meats brand sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in half, using the top half only
- 2 cups diced sweet potato, small dices, to cook faster
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If using foil, you need to spray it down with some non-stick spray.
- Place the sausage, sweet potato, and asparagus onto the line pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, and seasonings. Pour onto the sausage, sweet potato, and asparagus. Toss to coat evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g