A sheet pan lined with foil for virtually no clean-up, chicken breasts, potatoes, peppers, and onions topped with a Cajun spice mix make this Sheet Pan Cajun Chicken a week-night favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking on them. If you make a purchase from the link, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Just last week I shared with y’all 14 – One Pan Meals to Save You Time and Clean-Up, so of course I’m gonna start adding to it!
One pan meals are seriously the best. Who has the time to slave in the kitchen prepping meals and then cleaning up all the dishes that it requires to make those dishes?!
There is a time and place for meals that call for a lot of pots and pans, but weeknights and busy weekends aren’t those times.
This is why I am pulling out all the stops and making as many of these one pan meals I can, so that I will eventually end up with at least a months worth!
Wouldn’t it be great during the holidays to have all these one pan meals to pull from when we are already busy with parties, gift wrapping, cookie making, etc., etc.
Or during the summer when nobody wants to cut their fun short to cook and clean up.
Hey, that’s up to you! 😉 However, I highly suggest it!
What substitutions can I make? I don’t like bell peppers.
Thick sliced zucchini or cauliflower in place of the bell peppers and sweet potatoes (instead of white.)
Not fond of spicy?
Scale it back! 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper is pretty heavy on the spice, and you can totally it drop down to 1/4th or 1/8th of a teaspoon.
How to make clean up even easier:
If you foil up that bad boy every-which-a-way you could probably get by with not even washing your sheet pan. I like using this nonstick foil.
Hate cleaning up the kitchen as much as I do? Check out these sheet pan dinners:
- One Pan Crispy Flounder & Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus and Sweet Potato
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potato and Apple
- One Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
- One Pan Jerk Chicken & Veggies
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Mix together all of the seasonings and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil on each chicken breast, about 1/2 tablespoon per, and rub it on each side.
- Season each chicken breast per side with the seasoning, using just enough to cover, making sure to rub it all over.
- Place the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Place the diced potatoes, peppers, and onion in a large bowl.
- Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle the rest of the seasoning in the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken on the sheet pan, and set the onion and peppers aside.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check the chicken, if the chicken is done, place the chicken on a plate, and arrange the peppers and onion with the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. You can turn the oven up to broil in the last few minutes for some charring.
- If the chicken was not done at the 30 minute mark, continue baking along with the peppers and onions.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1267mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g