Vanilla Funfetti Puppy Chow is the ideal snack when you’re craving something sweet and crunchy!
If you’ve been around here long, you know that we love sprinkles, aka funfetti! They just make whatever you’re eating, more fun.
Well, almost, because I don’t think you want to eat sprinkles on spaghetti or pizza. Yuck! But as far as sweet treats go, funfetti is the way to go.
I’ve made a variety of funfetti treats this year, and have a few more planned, but may not get to those until next year. <— I know, right?
I’m sort of that ahead on being planned out, when it comes to recipes. I gotta be or else I’ll get behind. This is the reason we have been eating pumpkin treats for a couple of weeks now.
Yay for food blogging! Haha. Of course I am one that will eat pumpkin no matter the year. I’ll also eat soup in July, but hey, I just follow my cravings. Lately, I’ve been craving this…
I made several variations of this recipe from all across the web. Including a couple of big named bloggers. I just couldn’t get those to turn out right.
Some recipes the white chocolate seized up, even though I use Ghirardelli. Some of them used boxed cake mixes, and some of them were just strange, calling for several ingredients to make something simple like puppy chow.
I scratched all those ideas and went with something that is 4 ingredients, which is more my style. These ingredients are basic, but they yield the best results.
This Vanilla Funfetti Puppy Chow is sweet and very addicting. We ate the entire batch in less than 48 hours. I’m not ashamed.
If those ever so popular muddy buddies are your thing, I think you’re gonna really like this. It’s sweet with crunchy sprinkles, and kinda messy from the powdered sugar, but a little mess never hurt anyone.
Vanilla Funfetti Puppy Chow ingredients:
- Vanilla Chex Cereal
- white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
Puppy Chow substitutions/swaps/options:
Vanilla Chex can be swapped for any of the Chex cereals.
White chocolate chips can be swapped for milk chocolate or dark.
Sprinkles can be changed up to fit the season or holiday.
You can add chopped nuts or M&M’s.
Looking for more great funfetti recipes?
- Funfetti Banana Bread
- Vanilla Funfetti Muffins
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 11 ounces Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Pour melted white chocolate onto the cereal, and stir to coat. Toss in the sprinkles and give another give stir.
- If you are using a bowl that a lid will fit on top of, go ahead and pour the powdered sugar in, place the lid on top, and give it a few good tosses, to coat the cereal thoroughly. If you do not have a large enough bowl with a lid, simply use a gallon zip top bag. Place the powdered sugar into the bag, drop the cereal in, and give it a good toss.
- Store at room temperature for up to two days. Any longer and it loses it's crunch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 119gFiber: 5gSugar: 87gProtein: 5g