Sprinkles have struck again! Add a little fun to your day with this Funfetti Banana Bread! It’s the fun cousin to regular banana bread.
I seriously can not believe that it’s already August! Where did summer go? I remember being a kid growing up, and summer seemed to last for an eternity. Of course, the older I got (get), the quicker it passes.
Also once Kelsie was born, life has passed by at the speed of sound. It’s awful.
We are lucky that we homeschool, because our school year is a bit different than that of public schooled kids. We have more times to relax.
We have shorter days. We do school on the weekends, if the feeling strikes. <– It happens, on occasion. This year we are starting school earlier than public school kids are here. However, we are doing something crazy different.
We are going to be doing school four weeks on, and taking a week off. I’d really like to sit down and write a homeschool post or two.
This is our third year, and we’ve learned so much! Plus there isn’t much out there for middle school, and we are right in the middle of it, with seventh grade. Would y’all mind if I added a tab for homeschooling?
Maybe throw a post of two in a month. I am still fully dedicated to recipes, of course! I just want to share our homeschool life/experiences, for those that are homeschooling, or thinking about it.
Anyway. Did y’all catch that glaze in that photo? Holy thick sweet glaze Batman! This glaze isn’t necessary for this Funfetti Banana Bread, but glaze makes everything sweeter..which makes everything better! Right?!
Kayla, my oldest daughter laughed at me when I was working on the recipe for this Funfetti Banana Bread. She told me I had gone sprinkle crazy.
I mean I have been on a streak lately…Vanilla Funfetti Muffins – perfect for those back to school breakfasts, fun lunch box treats, and birthday breakfasts.
Funfetti Cupcakes – which you really need no excuses to enjoy!
Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies – I’m thinking after school snacks, all the holidays (just switch up the colors of the sprinkles), lunch box desserts.
I have a few older funfetti recipes, including a cake and a mug cake. You can find those here.
We always seem to have a few bananas that are left behind. I have no idea what happens. We start strong the day of grocery shopping; banana for snack, banana and peanut butter, banana sandwiches, and I usually dice up and freeze those stragglers for smoothies.
However, sometimes you can let a banana get a little to far gone, and they aren’t even good enough for smoothies anymore.
However, bananas are always good for banana bread. Well, almost. I mean if you have flies hanging around, just throw those out. They are too far gone.
With the few stragglers I had lately, I set out to make funfetti banana bread. The first one didn’t turn out.
Come to find out, you actually can have TOO many sprinkles! I added more than I should have, and the sugar content was too high in my last batch, and it didn’t work out at all. It wast tasty, but the edges were very burned.
Like, you could have used a cheese grater to get the burn off! Ha. Actually, I saw that for burnt cookie bottoms floating around on Facebook…although I haven’t done that, it seems like it would have worked with that burnt edged banana bread.
This banana bread is loaded with sprinkles and that classic banana bread flavor.
You could omit the sprinkles, IF you aren’t into FUN, but I suggest you give it a try! Put a smile on your face while drinking your coffee, with a slice of this Funfetti Banana Bread!
Funfetti Banana Bread ingredients:
- flour + baking soda + salt
- vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- additional sprinkles
Can I make Funfetti Banana Bread gluten free or dairy free?
Yes! Use your favorite gluten free one to one baking mix, to make this gluten free.
To go dairy free, I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk, in place of milk. However, you can use your favorite dairy free milk, and butter alternative.
I want to make banana bread, but my bananas aren’t ripe!
No problem! I have a solution for that…
Place your unpeeled bananas on a lined baking sheet. Place them in a 300 degree oven, and bake for 15 to 30 minutes. You will know when they are ready because the peel will be black and shiny. Allow to cool before touching!
Here are more of our favorite banana bread recipes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2-3 tablespoons milk more, if needed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer, whip the butter for two minutes, until nice and creamy. Pour in the sugar, and cream together for another two minutes.
- Turn the mixer off and add the bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add half of the dry ingredients, and beat until just combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients, and barely combine. (you don't want to over mix!)
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and using a spatula, stir until combined. Fold in the sprinkles, and pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Once the bread has cooled completely, mix together the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. You are looking for a thick, but pourable glaze. If it doesn't seem pourable enough, add an additional tablespoon of milk. Pour the glaze over the bread, and sprinkle the top with sprinkles. Allow the glaze to harden for 5 minutes, before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g