Start your morning with sprinkles! These Vanilla Funfetti Muffins are the funnest grab-and-go breakfast, and kids are gonna love them!
I may possibly be on sprinkle overdrive! I’ve bought more sprinkles in the past 6 months than I think I ever have. From Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies, to my oh-so-popular Funfetti Cupcakes, to all the other funfetti recipe testing in between, we have sprinkles running out of our ears.
I even have one more funfetti recipe coming up at the beginning of August! And a few more that I’m trying out between now and Christmas. Yep, funfetti overdrive!
And it’s ok…because Funfetti if fun! We all need a little fun in our lives.
This recipe started out as a great grab-and-go breakfast for busy summer mornings. You know those mornings I’m talking about.
You packed the car the night before, it’s time to head out for vacation, and you wanted to leave the house by 7am to get to your destination before dinner time.
The kids are going to be starving. But these Vanilla Funfetti Muffins are ready to grab and eat as y’all are headed out the door.
Or perhaps it’s the beach bag that’s been packed and ready for days on end, but the weather hasn’t been cooperating..um, hello Florida weather!
You notice when you get up to have your coffee that the sun is peeking out from behind the clouds, you race to get the kids up, swimsuits on, and grab a muffin on the way out the door.
You want to get your toes in the sand before it rains again!
So these started out as a busy summer morning breakfast option. However, it’s the perfect afternoon snack by the pool or on the beach. Toss them in the cooler to keep them cool while you’re kids are splashing it up, and your stuck building sand castles. (Don’t act like you haven’t been there!)
As I started writing this post though, I began thinking how great would these be for a kids birthday breakfast? Or a special treat for the morning of back-to-school?
They would even be perfect for school snack time, or to toss in the lunch box.
Like I said before, funfetti is fun! We all need a little fun in our life!
Vanilla Funfetti Muffins ingredients:
- flour + baking powder
- plain Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
Can I make Funfetti Muffins Gluten Free?
Yes! Just use your favorite Gluten Free One to One Baking Flour.
You can even make these muffins dairy free by using your choice of dairy free milk, yogurt, and butter.
How do I make Funfetti Muffins?
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder/
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, and beat.
- Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Add half the flour mix, and half the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour and milk. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
Need even more sprinkles in your life?!
- 4 tablespoons butter, room remperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt you can add vanilla here, just know that it's going to increase your sweetness
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin pan with liners. (this recipe makes 16 muffins when filled ¾th's of the way full)
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until nice and fluffy. About two minutes.
- Add the eggs, and beat until combined. Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, add half the flour mix, and half the milk. Mix until just combined. Add the remaining flour and milk. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula, stir in the sprinkles. Fill each muffin cup ¾ths of the way full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container or zip top bag.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g