Chewy, buttery, and packed with chocolate coated candies make these Brown Sugar Blondies for Valentine’s Day perfect!
I have pulled out my Valentine’s Day decorations, and we are gearing up for the month of “love”. I like to make several yummy treats during the month of February, and these Brown Sugar Blondies are on the top of that list. The only thing that really makes them festive for Valentine’s Day are the M&M’s. So in all reality, you can totally change out the color of the candy to represent any holiday (or sports team) you want. I’ve made these around Christmas several times.
Of course if you have a hankering for these right now, and your fresh out of those candy coated candies, you can use chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips. The butterscotch chips really lend a scrumptious flavor! You could get all creative and use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut these out, but I’m too lazy for all that, and pull these out with the parchment lined baking dish, drop them on the counter, and slice using my huge pizza cutter. It’s not the typical roll type, but sort of a large blade sort of thing. Very awesome for cutting pizza and these blondies! That would be a great pairing for Valentine’s Day. Last year I shared my Pepperoni Pizza for your Loves because it’s so cute with it’s little heart shaped pepperoni’s!
So on to this delicious Brown Sugar Blondies for Valentine’s Day! Your gonna love these, I promise.
- 1 cup Valentine’s Day Color M&M’s
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar and melted butter until combined.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, working in small batches, stirring until thoroughly combined after each until it’s all mixed in.
- Stir in 2/3 cup M&M’s.
- Spread into your prepared dish, and sprinkle with the remaining M&M’s.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 243mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 35g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g