Cupid Crunch, the white chocolate coated cereal pretzel mix that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. It brings salty and sweet to a whole new level!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
It’s that time of year again, when Valentine’s Day is upon us. It’s a holiday that besides Christmas, I think has the most controversy surrounding it.
It is totally a made up holiday! Rightfully so, there are so many people who don’t celebrate it, for that reason.
We used to buy each other candy and cards, but after being married for years, it sort of took the back seat. We totally buy for the girls though.
And we will surprise each other every once in a while on Valentine’s Day with a card or candy. It’s not ever expected though.
However, one thing is certain, even if you don’t personally celebrate it, if your kids go to public school, they do celebrate it. Big time!
From decorating bags or creating custom boxes, to passing out Valentine’s Day cards to all their classmates. It’s a big deal in school.
There is always a party, and there are always goodies to eat.
I used to go to the girls’ Valentine’s Day parties when they were in school. Kelsie doesn’t get a party, since we homeschool, and we don’t really make a big deal.
However, we always have Cupid Crunch!
What is Cupid Crunch?
It’s Chex cereal with holiday themed M&M’s, pretzels, and Valentine sprinkles! They all come together with melted white chocolate. It can literally be made for any holiday and given a cute name.
How do you make Cupid Crunch?
This is so simple to make, you can honestly have it made in less than 5 minutes. (without the drying time – add an additional 10 minutes for that)
You literally mix together your ingredients in a bowl, melt the white chocolate, pour over it, stirring to coat everything, drop out onto parchment paper to dry, and BAM – a perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Yep, Cupid Crunch can be all yours in a matter of 15 minutes. You’ll love it, your friends will love it, your kids will love it, their friends will love it, and then you won’t have any left, and you’ll be like me, 6 days before Valentine’s Day making more.
What are some other variations on Cupid Crunch?
I make Mummy Munch every year! I have also done a version of Reindeer Food, which crazy enough, has never made it to the site. That recipe will be coming this Christmas!
In the mean time – my version of Reindeer Food is totally edible by humans, unlike that glitter oat mix.
white chocolate – red and green M&M’s – pretzel pieces – Christmas sprinkles – Chex cereal
Think of the Leprechauns come March – Easter Bunny Crunch for Easter – 4th of July – the holidays and possibilities are endless.
What are some ways to serve it?
Straight from the bowl – in goody bags – in holiday cups wrapped in cellophane – in cute tins (like pictured)
How do you store cupid crunch?
In an air tight container – it will last about 7 days on the counter.
Want more recipes for Valentine’s Day?
- Valentine Graham Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Very Best Red Velvet Cake
- Red Velvet Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups small pretzel twists broken into pieces
- 1 11 oz bag of Valentine Day colored M&M's
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Valentine Day sprinkles
- Place the first 3 ingredients into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat the white chocolate chips on 50% power for 1 minute.
- Stir very well.
- Microwave on 50% power for 30 additional seconds.
- Stir until all the chips are melted.
- Pour over the cereal mix, using a rubber spatula, stir until all the pieces are coated.
- Pour onto two large sheets of wax paper, creating a single layer.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Allow to harden.
- Store in an air tight container on your counter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g