This Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta is a copycat for the popular recipe from Olive Garden. Made with Italian cheeses and sour cream, this dish is a smokey, creamy, cheesy favorite. Serve alongside toasted bread for the perfect appetizer or side dish.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Nothing beats gooey melted cheese - nothing. I grew up melting thick slices of cheddar off the block, either in the microwave or on a sheet pan under the broiler. It was the perfect snack for after school, late night, or anytime. It was something that my niece and I did so much that when we eat it today, because we still do(!) we think of one another.
Years and years and years ago we used to go to Olive Garden on date nights and as a family. The one thing that I ordered every.single.time without hesitation was Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta. I have a deep love for melted cheese. It was the best thing on their menu, in my personal opinion, but I was always left wanting more, because let's face it, they bring you this teeny tiny little dish with a lot of bread. It's just not enough. Clearly.
Have you ever ordered this delicious melted cheesy ever so tiny appetizer from Olive Garden? If you haven't then your totally missing out and I suggest you run to your nearest grocery store and buy these ingredients immediately because you can't live in life without having had this!
And if you have ordered it, then you know how freaking amazing it is to have this melted cheesy goodness on tiny slices of toasted bread, or by itself! How ever you choose to eat it, you can't go wrong.
This dish is the exact replica that Olive Garden uses. It was on their website years and years ago. I was lucky enough to snatch it up before it was taken down. (it could be back on there, I haven't been to their website in years.)
This is seriously too easy not to make. You get a brownie sized pan full of precious melted cheese, and it will please any and everybody that likes to eat cheese too.
You can also use a cast iron skillet to bake this in as well.
What ingredients are in Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta?
- sour cream
- crushed red pepper
- cayenne pepper
- smoked mozzarella cheese
- smoked provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How do you make Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta?
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread into a greased brownie pan or cast iron skillet.
- Enjoy with toasted Italian bread.
What's the best bread to serve with Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta?
I usually serve mine with ½ inch sliced ciabatta bread or Italian bread.
Here are some great main dishes to serve this with:
- Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded smoked provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped Roma tomato, optional for topping
- Combine all ingredients, except the tomato in a bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer to a brownie pan or cast iron skillet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Top with diced tomatoes if you'd like.
- Serve warm with lightly toasted Ciabatta or Italian bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g