Love Chicken Parm, but hate the length of time it takes to make, and the mess it creates? These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are the answer! Simple, quick, and oh so tasty!
Ever since making my Spinach Meatballs with Orzo I’ve toyed with the idea of chicken parmesan meatballs. I make spinach meatballs all the time when making spaghetti, and we love them. It’s a great way to get some healthy greens in the kids that may be picky, without too much fuss from them. I think one of our favorite ways to eat spinach meatballs is stuffed with mozzarella, which you could easily do to these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs as well.
We love chicken parmesan, but don’t eat it very often because it’s just so time consuming. Dipping the chicken, flouring the chicken, dipping the chicken, breading the chicken…See time consuming. Not to mention the mess it can make with frying the chicken. See where I’m going here? These meatballs are none of that!
Made with ground chicken, panko, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and lot’s of herbs these meatballs are perfect on their own. I bake these guys, but you could fry them, IF you really wanted too. It is chicken parmesan right? So of course we have to have sauce and gooey melty mozzarella!
I’ll be honest with y’all, I’ve only made sauce from scratch twice. It’s simple enough, but I like time saving simple most of the time, and that means opening a jar of sauce. We’ve tried just about every garlic blend you can think of, because we love garlic. We always ALWAYS go back to Newman’s Own sauce. I don’t have to doctor it up like I did with other sauces. <—- Not sponsored. We just love his sauces, and I wanted to tell y’all! 🙂
Do y’all see those meatballs resting in that perfect red sauce, with that glorious melted mozzarella? Perfection! Seriously. But you do not have to take my word for it. Make them and see for yourself!
I serve these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs over al dente angel hair pasta, but you could totally put these on hoagie rolls and have chicken parmesan meatballs subs! We had about 4 meatballs leftover after dinner the other night, and I told my husband that idea for lunch the next day since we didn’t have any pasta leftover. Ingenious! 🙂
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese don't use the canned stuff
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley + extra for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl, using your hands mix until just combined. Handling the meat too much will cause it to become hard when cooked.
- Create small meatballs by using a 1/4th measuring cup, and halving it. You'll get two meatballs per 1/4th cup. Bake meatballs for 20 to 22 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Pour your sauce into an oven safe pan, and nestle the meatballs all around the house. (No I do not heat the sauce before placing them in) Top with the shredded mozzarella, and place in the 350 degree oven. Heat until the cheese melts, about 5 or 6 minutes. Top with freshly chopped parsley, if desired. Serve on top of your favorite pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 1063mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g