Everything you know and love about the original- This Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo – Olive Garden’s Copycat is easy to recreate at home. This recipe features chunks of steak in a creamy gorgonzola sauce with fresh spinach, topped with a balsamic glaze that is out of this world delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Once a year on Kayla’s birthday she always asks for two things. Steak gorgonzola alfredo and mozzarella fonduta from Olive Garden.
A while back I discovered that Olive Garden had some of their recipes on their website. We know how expensive eating out can be, even though Olive Garden offers very generous portions, it’s still, for a family of four, kind of pricey.
This recipe features chunks of steak in a creamy gorgonzola sauce with fresh spinach, topped with a balsamic glaze that is out of this world delicious!
You can’t go wrong when preparing this and it makes so much! The four of us easily eat it, with plenty of leftovers.
Where’s the tomato?
Well, Kelsie has an allergy to tomatoes, so we omit this ingredient. However, you can purchase the jar of sundried tomatoes, and place 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes right at the end, before you plate up.
To make balsamic glaze:
Place your balsamic vinegar in a small pot and heat to boiling. Once it reaches boiling, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or so. Your looking for a slightly thickened texture.
Or you can buy your own now! It tastes just the same, and it won’t stink up your kitchen. 🙂 Just look for balsamic glaze with other condiments.
A green salad – garlic bread – cheese sticks – a bowl of soup
Looking for more pasta dishes?
- Taco Pasta
- Cheesy Tuna Pasta Skillet
- Cream Cheese Italian Pasta Casserole
- Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet
- 2 1/5 pounds boneless top sirloin steak cut into inch chunks
- 1 pound of pasta cooked according to the directions
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Balsamic glaze you can buy this, or make your own, see note at the bottom
- 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 16 oz jar Alfredo Sauce we buy a yummy jar from Fresh Market
- First your going to mix together your Italian dressing, lemon juice and rosemary, add your meat to the marinade, cover, and marinade for at least one hour.
- After your meat marinates proceed.
- Cook your pasta according to the directions.
- While your pasta is cooking, cook your steak in a large pan over medium heat, cooking until the meat is no longer pink, or until your preference. We always like a little pink to our meat. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Heat your alfredo sauce in the same large pan over medium heat.
- Add your spinach and 3 tablespoons of the gorgonzola cheese. Continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain and toss in your sauce. Add your meat.
- Plate up and crumble extra gorgonzola cheese on top and finish with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
To make balsamic glaze; place your balsamic vinegar in a small pot and heat to boiling. Once it reaches boiling, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or so. Your looking for a slightly thickened texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1614 Total Fat: 109g Saturated Fat: 50g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 47g Cholesterol: 384mg Sodium: 2436mg Carbohydrates: 64g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 15g Protein: 95g