Italian Sausage, peppers, onion, pasta, and a tomato sauce come together to create this tasty Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet in under 30 minutes.
Friday - finally! It's one of those weeks that I'm so happy to see it ending. It's just been busy. Between homeschooling, working on the site, and deep cleaning the house, it's exhausting. I'm deep cleaning a little everyday because my daddy is coming for the holidays this year! It's been a rough time for him. He lost his wife during the summer, and it will honestly be the first time in years that we've spent the holidays together. Actually, the first time in years he's been to our house. We are all very excited to have him! It just means doing a few things that one usually does in the spring.
I've been cleaning carpets, wiping down cabinets in the kitchen, touching up paint here and there. Spots in Kayla's bathroom, door jams, ya know, that sort of thing. Of course, I know that these are the last things that he is going to look at when he's here. It's just my OCD battering me. Oh well, extra clean for the holidays!
Speaking of holidays, Halloween is Monday! How crazy quick did it arrive for y'all? We were watching Gotham the other night, and Zack caught the date and said he couldn't believe that October was almost over with. I mean in about two weeks I'll be pulling out Christmas decorations. Yep, I'm that crazy lady that puts her tree up before Thanksgiving. 🙂 I just love the feeling that I get when the house is all warm and cozy feeling. I get that feeling when the Christmas tree is up and those lights are glowing.
When I was growing up the tree and decorations went up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was tradition. I kept that one for years, and then the holiday excitement kicked in. It started with the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then moved up a week before that, to two weeks before. It's just stuck that way ever since. We are one of those houses that has a Christmas tree in every bedroom, and I'll be honest, those went up a few days after Halloween last year. I know! The kids were excited!
When do you put your Christmas tree up?
Before I get too carried away, I better tell y'all about this simple Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet that's ready in under 30 minutes! We need those fast dinners this time of the year. This one will not disappoint. I have a lot of other quick meals, just check out my one pan meals.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 10 ounces penne pasta cooked according to directions - only cook a couple of minutes less, so the pasta is al dente
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ cup red or white wine I used white cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook sausage so that it's browned on all sides, and cooked through.
- Remove the sausage, leaving behind the oil and juices from the sausage. Set aside.
- Cook your peppers in the same pan that you just cooked the sausage.
- Once your peppers are sauted to your liking, add the sausage, and deglaze the pan with the wine.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, seasonings, sugar, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the pasta has finished cooking.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1159mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 25g