Hints of coffee, chunks of chocolate mint candies, and a chewy texture that will have you coming back for more. These Mocha Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies are one of my personal favorites!
Today kicks off 7 days worth of Christmas Cookies, and this Mocha Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookie is amazing!
It’s the perfect cookie to start with because, hello? Coffee!
Coffee, chocolate, and mint come together in a cookie that tastes like a fancy coffee drink! It’s the next best thing when you can’t make it to the corner coffee shop to get that fix.
Seriously. I could probably scarf down the whole batch of these, but I’ll refrain because we have tons more cookies to follow.
I was looking at all sorts of cookie recipes to share with y’all this year, and cookies that had coffee in the ingredients always called for instant coffee granules. Who actually has that?
I like sharing recipes with y’all that you have the ingredients for already…and if you don’t have the ingredients, I like to at least give you a recipe with ingredients that you’ll actually use…I can’t really find a use for instant coffee in my pantry, so why should I find a reason for you to have it?
One cookie recipe isn’t a good enough reason for me, so for this cookie, we’ll use a few tablespoons of real coffee!
All you have to do is save a tad from your morning pot of coffee.
What ingredients do you need to make Mocha Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
- baking soda
- corn starch
- cocoa powder
- brown sugar
- Andes Mint Candies
Do I need to chill this cookie dough?
Yes – but only an hour. By the time you get the kitchen cleaned up it will be just about time to bake.
I love these cookies, and really couldn’t wait to share this recipe with y’all! If you’re favorite coffee drink is a peppermint mocha then this cookie is for you!
Looking for even more Christmas cookie recipes?
Here are some popular cookie recipes I think you’ll like:
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 12 Christmas Cookie Recipes Santa is Gonna Love!
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons coffee, cold
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chopped Andes Mint Bars
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the melted butter, coffee, brown sugar and sugar together. Whisk in the egg and egg yolk. Finally whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a spatula stir together. Fold in the chopped Andes Mint Bars. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Roll into dough balls that are two tablespoons of dough each. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the cookie sheets for 10 to 12 minutes, before placing on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g