A chocolate chip cookie and a peanut butter cookie got married, and together they had these Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Cookies! It’s a perfect match!
I have this thing for cookies, I’m sort of like Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Ha. Well, perhaps that’s all the sweet things.
I don’t think I have a sweet tooth, it’s more like sweet teeth. Peanut butter and chocolate have always been my favorites when it comes to sweets.
I will never forget the time around Halloween, growing up, that I ate an entire bag of these golden wrapped beauties.
Yep. A whole bag. In one day. Of course I was sick! Who wouldn’t be?
Did it turn me off from gorging myself with these every Halloween since? Nope. I will still eat these by the handfuls.
Perhaps not an entire bag in one day now. Nope, two days. Ha. I digress.
These cookies are totally like the sentence suggest, peanut butter and chocolate got together, and these heavenly cookies happened.
I’ve been making peanut butter cookies for as long as I can remember. My mother had this old cookbook that had “million dollar peanut butter cookies” inside, and me being the eating peanut butter my the spoonfuls, peanut butter lover that I am had to try them out.
The rest is history. That is the only peanut butter cookie recipe that I make to this day. All the others are non-existent in my eyes.
When the idea came to me to combine a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate cookie, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of the two together before. I mean what a perfect vessel for peanut butter cups!
It took a few tries to get the right chewy texture, because chewy cookies reign supreme.
These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are loaded with cocoa powder and chocolate chips AND chopped up peanut butter cups! I know, sugar overload. But, moderation. 🙂
Well, for those that have great willpower. That would not be me. It takes an act of congress to keep me away from sweets. I have to be completely off of sugar to turn down a cookie. And to be off of sugar is HARD.
We won’t get into all that right now. Right now…we feast on these peanut butter cookie and chocolate cookie babies!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies ingredients:
- flour + cocoa powder + baking soda
- sugar + brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- small peanut butter cups
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies swaps:
Creamy peanut butter – use crunchy – almond butter – or sun butter
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – use white chocolate chips – or even peanut butter chips
Add in some chopped peanuts!
Baking these cookies:
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda
- Cream the butter
- Add the sugars, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla
- Add the flour mix
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups
Here are some of our favorite cookie recipes:
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- 12 Christmas Cookie Recipes Santa is Gonna Love
- 2 ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 small peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer, cream the butter for two minutes. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream for two minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mix, making sure to allow to combine before adding more. This mixture will be thick!
- Once the flour is combined, remove from the stand mixer, and fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Using a cookie scoop that measures about two tablespoons, roll the dough into round balls, and place on cookie sheets, about an inch or so apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, before moving to cooling racks. This will make about 3 dozen cookies, give or take a few.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g