Chocolate chip cookies just got a Christmas makeover. Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cookies are bursting with Christmas flavor!
I have spent the last couple of months working on Christmas goodies for y’all, and this one, I think may be my favorite. Growing up the thought of eggnog sounded so gross to me that I wouldn’t even get close enough to smell it! As the years passed, I finally tasted what I once believed to be liquefied eggs.
I realized very quickly that I should have tasted that stuff years ago because it was simply amazing, and the fact that it’s only available for a short period of time once a year is absurd. I know people who would drink it year round if they could. Well, they could and so could I, however I’m not to the point where I want to make my eggnog from scratch just yet.
Since I couldn’t get enough eggnog, of course I made something with it. I chose cookies, because it my opinion nothing goes with eggnog quite like cookies do. Perhaps that’s why eggnog is only available once a year, because when else do we over bake an abundance of cookies?!
These Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cookies have the perfect chocolate chip cookie chewy texture, with a hint of eggnog, and spiced with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. These cookies practically scream Christmas in your mouth!
In my opinion if any cookie ever were a Christmas cookie it would be this one. It has all the holiday spices and eggnog. In our home Santa doesn’t get cookies and milk. Oh no, no. Santa gets cookies and eggnog. We just happened to have read somewhere that eggnog is his personal favorite. 😉 This year however, he’s getting these Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cookies because I’m saving the eggnog for me!
This recipe is made from a basic chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s simple to throw together with a dash of this and a splash of that. If you’re an eggnog fan at all, you’ve got to make these simple cookies.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low add the egg, vanilla, and eggnog. Beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Measure rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. You want the edges done, and the center slightly under baked. They will set up as they cool.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for a couple of minutes before placing on cooling racks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g