This healthy Balsamic Chicken & Spinach Salad is made with a simple homemade dressing that’s mixed together in no time. The feta and strawberries pair so perfectly with it.
Y’all saw Monday that I posted a recipe for a Honey Mustard Chicken Salad, and IF you saw that post, and read it, you’re thinking Joanna I thought you weren’t a fan of salads. Well, I’m not! I just happen to only like a couple, and this one of the few that I do like. 🙂
I love fruit in a salad, haha, I mean fruit salad is my favorite salad, but I do like fruit in a salad with chicken! This salad is made with a bed of spinach, feta cheese, grilled chicken, and plump tasty strawberries! I told y’all I was making better food choices this year. So far so good. Talk to me again in March, and I’ll tell y’all how those food choices are going.
I have been working hard for, um…two weeks, hahaha, doing PiYo. I plan on adding some free weights in the next week or so, and I’d love to toss in some Zumba, because it’s dancing, and it’s kinda fun.
Kelsie has been doing PiYo with me since she does dance, and loves to be active. She feels that her new dance teacher isn’t as hard on them with workouts as the one she had for the prior three years. Although PiYo isn’t hardcore, it’s still a lot of body weight and flexibility. Both of which I need all the help I can get with. I’ve really let myself go in the last couple of years, and it’s time to find the happy me again. I’m not saying that I’m not happy. I mean I get that whole we have to be happy in our skin no matter thing, it’s not that…I just feel more at ease with myself when I’m not lugging around an extra toomanypoundsnotgonnasayrightnow.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups spinach
- 16 strawberries, halved
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, and place in the fridge. Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat, season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook, until chicken is cooked through.
- Assemble the salads by dividing the spinach among four bowls, 2 cups each. Slice the chicken diagonally, and place one on top of the spinach in each bowl. Divide the strawberries, avocado, cheese, and dressing among the salads.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 119mg Sodium: 696mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 14g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 52g