This is for those that aren’t fond of salads, like me. This Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is hands down scrumptious! The dressing is simple to make and healthy!
I’m going to be totally up front and honest with y’all…I am not really a salad person. You know those salad people…you may in fact be one yourself. Salad people are ones that will go to a restaurant and order a big salad for dinner as opposed to pasta, or a grilled piece of meat with a side of potatoes. I prefer salad on the side, and I prefer it to be on the small side. If someone tells me we are having salad for dinner, I’m hoping that we are having taco salad! Haha.
However, even though I’m not a salad person, once in a blue moon I’ll crave salad. I’m not talking side salad, chef salad, or cobb salad. I’m talking full out loaded salad. Salad that will actually fill you up.
Y’all know I’ve been trying to eat healthier and therefore I’ve been making better choices for dinner. This Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is one of those better choices. It’s filling. It’s also loaded with grilled corn, tomato, bacon, avocado, and juicy chicken. It’s topped with a delicious homemade honey mustard dressing. And y’all, it’s a salad that I actually like! (those are far and few between, I’ll tell ya!)
This is probably my favorite salad that I’ve ever made. It’s loaded with more of everything else than lettuce, so perhaps it shouldn’t be called lettuce at all. Basically you’ve got a lot of yummy ingredients sitting on top of lettuce. Haha.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomoatos
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 ear of corn
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour half of it over the chicken in a large zip top bag with the chicken. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to prepare the salad, heat a grill pan over medium to high heat and grill the corn. Turning to cook all sides until browned. Remove from the heat, and set aside. Cook the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink.
- To assemble the salad. Divide the lettuce among four bowls, slice the chicken diagonally and lay across the lettuce. Remove the corn from the ear, and divide among the salads. Do the same with the bacon (chop it up) , tomato, and avocado. Serve with the dressing on the salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 126mg Sodium: 944mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 49g