Sweetened with maple syrup, and spiced up just right, this Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is the perfect fall snack.
Oh, pumpkin spice season you are upon us! I’ve actually been churning out pumpkin spice goodies for the last couple of months, getting ready to share them all with you.
This month I’ve shared Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins and Pumpkin Granola with Dark Chocolate Chips and Cranberries. Both of which, have been popular.
Usually people jump on the pumpkin ship as soon as August is over with. I know, I do!
Of course by the time the end of September rolls around, I’m really ready for everything fall and winter flavored.
Pumpkin spice, apple spice, sweet potatoes, ginger bread, and cranberries. Who else is with me?
I love having snacky things around the house. By snacky, I mean crunchy. By crunchy, I mean sweet. This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is all of that, and more.
It’s sweet, crunchy, chewy, and salty. It covers all the must haves in a snack! This is one Chex mix that I want to make on repeat to keep all season long.
By looking at those pretzels, Chex pieces, and graham cracker chunks, you can SEE the flavor layered on top! This yummy stuff isn’t all that bad for you. It is sweetened with maple syrup! Oh, and everything in moderation, right?
So I know that there are some of you out there that are pumpkin haters – (insert shocked emoticon here) – I know! It’s ok, we can still be friends – I don’t even like pumpkin spiced coffee anymore.
You can make this but use apple pie spice instead. Y’all, there really isn’t any “real” pumpkin in this. We have simply used pumpkin pie spices. So, if you like all those spices, you’ll really love this.
This is a great mix to have around for game day, family gatherings, holiday parties, office parties, etc, etc. You really don’t need a reason to have this perfect snack mix around. I keep it around just because, and just because is a good enough reason for me!
My family loves this, and I know that yours will too.
What ingredients are in Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Dried Cranberries
- Graham Cracker Sticks
- Maple Syrup
- Light Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
How do you make Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix?
- Combine cereal, pretzels, cranberries, and graham cracker sticks.
- Melt the butter, and whisk in the maple syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the cereal mix, and toss to coat.
What are some mix-in ideas?
freeze dried apple slices – chocolate chips – nuts – raisins
Here are some more pumpkin recipes that I think you’ll like:
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups graham cracker sticks, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or foil. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels, cranberries, and graham cracker sticks. Set aside. In a small microwave safe bowl melt the butter, and whisk in the maple syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Pour over the cereal mix, and toss to coat everything. You don't want to miss one spot. Pour out onto the lined baking sheets, and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely. Store in zip lock bags or an air tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g