Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, & Apple is an easy side that’s loaded with flavor!
Fall has officially shown up at my house, whether the weather wants to agree or not. It may still be in the 90’s here in Florida, but inside my house the pumpkins are out, and sitting around everywhere.
We busted it all out on Labor Day weekend, before getting in the pool. Y’all the water is still as warm as bath water. I did notice one thing while I was in the pool that excited me beyond belief…we actually have a tree in our yard, that it’s leaves are turning yellow!!
If you live in northern Florida where I do, we have southern pine trees and a lot of varieties of palm trees. You can drive around everywhere and not really see any great fall leaf colors.
Yet, there is a China Berry tree in our yard that’s leaves are golden yellow right now.
This has me even more excited for fall this year! We have a little day trip planned to drive up to Georgia to a state park that is closest to us, that’s listed as a great place to check out the leaves.
It’s about 4 hours away, but that’s ONLY 4 hours away. I can’t wait to trek through the woods, picking up leaves, taking a bazillion photographs.
I am watching their website to see when the best time to go is.
While fall may not be showing itself here too much, inside is different. I’ve not only decorated for fall, but I’m adding fall flavors into my cooking as much as possible. I’ve been sharing a lot of fall inspired dishes with y’all lately, and here’s another.
This Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, & Apple is ready in about 20 minutes or less. Less because it honestly depends on how well you like your sprouts cooked. I like mine blackened. 🙂
I’ve used a Washington apple in this dish, but any variety that you like will do. Thicker cut bacon is going to be your best bet so that it doesn’t burn, since it’s the first thing you start cooking.
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon ingredients:
- Brussels Sprouts
- salt and pepper
Can I use frozen brussels sprouts?
I wouldn’t suggest it. This recipe really tastes best with fresh sprouts.
How do I pick brussels sprouts for Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon?
Look for bright green sprouts that are firm and heavy for their size. The leaves should be tightly packed.
Smaller Brussels sprouts are usually sweeter and more tender than larger ones
Looking for more tasty sprout recipes?
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, washed, tops removed, and cut in half
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a large pan, over medium heat, start cooking your bacon. Once about half way cooked, toss in your brussels sprouts, cook until your happy with the cook on them. I cooked mine about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the apple and cook for about 5 minutes. Just to soften it up. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- An alternative method to cooking - preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil/parchment paper. Toss the sprouts in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. While your sprouts are roasting, cook your bacon in a large pan over medium heat. Once cooked through, toss in the apples, and cook for 5 minutes. Toss the oven roasted sprouts in the pan, season with rosemary and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g