Baked Taco Salad Casserole is simple and delicious – Packed with layers of seasoned ground beef, refried beans, nacho cheese chips and cheddar cheese. You’re family will love this on your next taco night.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Years ago Zack ask me if I had ever eaten a baked taco salad with Doritos. I had never heard of such, but knew that a) I didn’t like re-fried beans and b) I loved nacho cheese chips.
The recipe came from his mom, and I made it, it was delicious, the re-fried beans included! However, after Kelsie was diagnosed with food allergies, those nacho cheese triangle shaped chips were completely off of our list. Corn is the main ingredient. That was pretty much the end of our baked taco salad for dinner. Or so I thought….
A couple of months ago, the chip company Beanito posted a photo on their Instagram page that struck my interest, and got me more thrilled than being in a candy bar factory that was having a chocolate melt down and they were passing out the candy for free.
For real, ya’ll. When you don’t have food allergies or live with somebody that has food allergies, you take all the food for granted. Beanito posted a photo of a nacho cheese version of their chips.
Now their chips are just exactly like tortilla chips, but instead of being made of corn, they are made from beans! No, you can’t taste the beans, or I wouldn’t eat them. They replace tortilla chips in everything we eat now.
Anyways, these nacho cheese triangle chips of theirs is far better then that other brand that I mentioned in the first paragraph.
The cheese is phenomenal, and far better then the corn alternatives. No, I am not getting compensated for even talking about Beanito’s, we just love them that much.
Ingredients in Baked Taco Salad Casserole:
- Ground Beef
- Nacho Cheese Chips
- Taco Seasoning, we love our homemade taco seasoning, but Simply Organic also makes a yummy packet.
- Refried Beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings such as: sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
How do you make Baked Taco Salad Casserole?
- Brown the ground beef, drain, and add the taco seasoning.
- Layer the chips, refried beans, seasoned ground beef and cheese, twice into a baking dish.
- Bake. Once cooled, top with your favorite toppings.
Should Baked Taco Salad Casserole be served hot or cold?
You can eat this one both ways!
Here are some more of our favorite taco recipes:
- 1 six ounce bag of nacho cheese Beanitos
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- ½ teaspoon homemade taco season - you can use our recipe Better then the Packet! !Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 can re-fried beans we love Trader Joes brand
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings that you love we used salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cook your ground beef with your diced onion until no longer pink
- Add your taco seasoning and can of re-fried beans
- Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until your re-fried beans are fully incorporated.
- Crush half of your chips, and spread them in the bottom of an 11X7 inch baking dish.
- Top your crushed chips with your meat and bean mixture.
- Crush the remaining chips on top, reserving ¼ cup, if you'd like to top each plate before serving.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes of until cheese is melted and the mix is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g