Grilled Stuffed Burritos are made with seasoned ground beef, rice, refried beans, and cheese. It’s the perfect for taco Tuesday!
A few years ago we had some left over taco meat in the fridge. There wasn’t enough to feed us all, and we all seemed to want to have it for the leftover dinner we were doing that night. You know those too tired to do anything, family fend for yourself there’s the fridge sorta nights.
I decided to cook some rice, add some re-fried beans and the rest is history. We had our very own, yummy, better for you grilled stuffed burritos, like that you can get at Taco Bell, only far better!
This no longer is a left over night, it’s more of a let’s have this for dinner tonight, and we just fix it.
However, by all means use your left over taco meat and rice. Makes things so much faster.
What is in the grilled stuffed burrito?
- Seasoned ground beef
- refried beans
What can I put on top of grilled stuffed burritos?
Sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, extra cheese, hot sauce
Our recipe for cheese sauce, from our Mexican Chicken recipe would be delicious over the top.
Can I use seasoned rice?
That is a fantastic idea! Bump up those flavors. We have a really great recipe for Perfect Mexican Rice that would be perfect.
Is homemade taco seasoning better?
I think so! Although I do still buy store bought from time to time. If you’re looking for a good recipe, try our homemade taco seasoning.
More Mexican Favorites:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning pouch or 2 teaspoons of our homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 burrito shells
- 1 cups rice, cooked according to the package directions
- Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, salsa, hot sauce, guacamole
- Cook your beef, drain away the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, refried beans, and the water. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the rice until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Assemble your burritos: layer cheese, and top with the meat rice mix into the center of your tortilla. Roll closed. (sides in first, then bottom, and roll closed)
- Place the stuffed burrito in the skillet and heat each side for 30 to 45 seconds or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining shells; stuffing, folding, and browning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 778Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1548mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g