Make your own grilled stuffed burritos at home in no time flat.
A few years ago we had some left over taco meat in the fridge. There wasn’t enough to feed us all, and we all seemed to want to have it for the leftover dinner we were doing that night. You know those too tired to do anything, family fend for yourself there’s the fridge sorta nights. I decided to cook some rice, add some re-fried beans and the rest is history. We had our very own, yummy, better for you grilled stuffed burritos, like that you can get at Taco Bell, only far better!
This no longer is a left over night, it’s more of a let’s have this for dinner tonight, and we just fix it. However, by all means use your left over taco meat and rice. Before the food allergies we would even buy the microwavable rice in those pouches. Makes things so much faster.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Better then the Packet! Homemade Taco Seasoning Or one pouch taco seasoning
- 1 medium white onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup re-fried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese we use colby jack, but you can use whatever you have on hand
- 12 burrito shells
- 2 cups rice cooked according to the package directions
- sour cream for topping
- Cook your beef and onion together, drain away the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water to your meat and bring to a boil, to cook out the liquid.
- Stir in your re-fried beans and cooked rice.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Heat 4 burrito shells at a time, wrapped in damp paper towels, for 2-20 second increments.
- Remove one shell at a time and add 1/3 cup of your meat/rice mixture to the center, sprinkle with cheese and fold burrito style (left, right, bottom and roll)
- Place the stuffed burrito in the skillet and heat each side for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining shells, heating them in the microwave, stuffing, folding, cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1046Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 2076mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 15gSugar: 11gProtein: 52g