Alright pickle lovers, this Ranch Pickle Chex Mix is for you! Tangy, garlicky, and made in 5 minutes, in the microwave!
There are two types of people in the world; those that snack, and those that do not snack. We are snackers.
I can't imagine going through the day with only eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We eat a snack between those meals, and usually have a snack after dinner as well.
One of our favorite things to snack on happens to be some type of Chex mix.
I've made homemade Chex mix for years. Usually consisting of the traditional Worcestershire sauce, and years ago Dale's steak sauce. But lately, I've been branching out, and trying new flavors to snack on.
Ranch seasoning always comes to mind, because it's easy to toss together with some oil and mix it in the crackers, Chex cereal, and pretzels. A bonus, we all love the flavors of Ranch, so it totally works for us.
At first the idea was so weird to me. Yet the more I thought about it, the less weird it got. I was intrigued, so I gave it a try.
Y'all this is how this Ranch Pickle Chex Mix was born.
This recipe is simple, quick, and strangely addictive! I've made it half a dozen times because we keep running out.
Each time I make it, I seem to increase the amount of pickle juice, because dill pickles (and the juice) are the bomb!
I chose to only use Rice Chex, but you could totally use a mix of others, or go with all Corn Chex, if you wanted. Use what you love or have on hand.
I went with the hashtag pretzels, because those are the ones we seem to be buying lately. And, I also added Horizon Cheese Crackers, because they are organic, and Kelsie can have them.
Her food allergies prevent us from buying Cheez It's (Dang you Cheez It's and your funky ingredient list!). You could toss in nuts. Or not. Make this recipe your own!
If you love the flavors of ranch and you love dill pickles, trust me, you'll love this!
It's ready in no time, no heating the oven up, because you make this in the microwave! (Woohoo!)
Why make Chex Mix in the microwave?
Because it's super easy and super quick! Which means you can snack far faster, then waiting on it in the oven.
How long does Chex Mix last?
This one won't last long, if y'all are anything like my family...however, it will keep in an air tight container, at room temperature for about 2 to 3 weeks.
This Ranch Pickle Chex Mix would be perfect for:
- school lunches
- football games
- family game night
- or any other time that the snacking mood hits
What else can you add to this Chex Mix recipe?
Wheat Chex - Corn Chex - plain Cheerios - nuts - crunchy Cheetos - Oyster crackers
Other great snack recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Roast Beef and Cheddar Sliders
- Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal or any combo
- 2 cups pretzels any style
- 2 cups cheese crackers We like Horizon Organic Cheddar Snack Crackers
- ½ cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons dill pickle juice go for spears here, not chips
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- Toss together the Chex cereal, pretzels, and crackers together in a large microwave safe bowl.
- In a measuring cup, or small bowl, mix together the oil. pickle juice, Ranch seasoning mix, and dill weed. Pour over the cereal mix, and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, giving it a good stir every minute. Lay out on a flat surface to dry out. (I throw some parchment paper on my counter top)
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 793mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g