Peanut butter and banana remind me of my favorite childhood snack. These super easy Peanut Butter Banana Bars are going to become your favorite snack!
What can I say about these Peanut Butter Banana Bars? Let me start off by saying these are amazingly moist and freaking delicious! I am one of those people that can sit with a spoon and a jar of peanut butter, and eat it until the jar is completely empty. I will scrape every last bit of it out of there, even if I have to use my fingers. Peanut butter has always been one of my favorite things, and the fact that you can pair it with so many other foods make it the best thing to ever have been invented! Seriously.
Growing up I ate peanut butter with saltine crackers, graham crackers, apple slices, bananas, celery, and carrots. <— Yes, carrots! If you haven’t tried that yet, you are missing out! Peanut butter mixed with honey to make sandwich’s that were out of this world. Peanut butter and grape jelly, peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Ya’ll peanut butter is my JAM! Well, it’s not jam, but you get the idea. Ha!
Peanut butter is not only my favorite thing to eat to this day, but it’s my girls’ favorite as well. Kayla has the same fond love of spooning that sticky stuff from the jar, and leaving only smears behind.
Do you see how gooey these guys are?! Holy smokes! They will make your mouth sing! They make the perfect afternoon snack, and I may have even eaten one for breakfast. Shhh…don’t tell my girls!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar (I used light)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line am 8X8 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together the ingredients for the topping in a microwave safe bowl, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed banana, sugar, melted butter, vanilla and egg. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dry mix into the wet, and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the topping in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Stir and pour on top of the unbaked bars.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (remember your topping will be sticky, and there will be residue from the topping on the toothpick) *
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Slice into bars. You’ll get approximately 16 squares.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Besides these tasting delish, they are so simple to make. That frosting, it’s actually a topping that you pour on top before you even cook these. There are no crazy steps or funky ingredients. Just simple things you are bound to already have in your pantry.