A 30 minute casserole that tastes like it’s been cooking all day. Herb Chicken Casserole for the weeknight win!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
I love a good casserole, where you throw a bunch of stuff into a casserole dish, and forget it. That’s this kind of dish. It has all sorts of yummy down home flavors from the stuffing mix, and tastes like your grandmother cooked it all day Saturday for Sunday’s dinner. However, it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. We served this over rice, but honestly, it’s perfect on it’s own. This really reminds me of chicken and dressing, similar to what my mother used to make during the holidays when I was growing up. It’s just pure comfort food. And when it’s chilly out, this is the perfect dish to enjoy.
Lucky for us we enjoyed this last week during Florida’s cold snap, because as of today Kelsie wore a tank top and shorts to gymnastics this morning. That’s how warm it was. I’m pretty sure that we are going to skip through spring and wake up next wake and summer be here. That’s usually the way the weather goes here. We never have a smooth transition.
Although Sunday’s weather was perfect. We went on a half a day trip over about an hour and a half away from here to Cape San Blas and St. George Island. It was nice to get away for a little bit and enjoy our little family’s company. The girls got along well. Kelsie got to play on two different play grounds, we crossed over several long bridges, and it was great to just talk to one another with electronics in the way. You learn so much about yourself, and your kids when there aren’t any distractions like cell phones, and video games. Anyway. This was taken on the beach at Cape San Blas. It’s such a beautiful part of the coast. They haven’t built any crazy condos, and the beaches aren’t littered with garbage. It’s just a beautiful place that I went to with my parents when growing up. We would camp, and it was always fun! I love to take my kids on little adventures like these from time to time.
If you are like us and homeschool, then this other place is the perfect place to go if your in the area, and study Marine Biology. Kelsie loves looking at all the critters in their natural habitat. This is on the way to Cape San Blas, and we discovered it several years ago. Salinas Park is located just off the turn as your headed to Cape San Blas.
On the super yummy Herb Chicken Casserole recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cartons cream of chicken soup we love Pacific brand
- ½ bag of Arrowhead Mills Stuffing - you could also use a box of stuffing mix the herb flavor
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ stick butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together your sour cream, cream of chicken soups, and chicken.
- Place the chicken mix in the bottom of a large 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the stuffing mix evenly over the top.
- Stir together the chicken stock and melted butter.
- Pour evenly over the top of your mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?
- Prepworks by Progressive Snap Fit Measuring Spoons – Set of 5
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set – 6 Piece stackable with spout
- Pyrex 3 – Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set
- CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4