Easter Krispy Treats, the perfect treat for Easter. Krispy treats stuffed and with M&M’s® Easter Sundae and Sprinkles.
As kids grow up they no longer get to experience the magic of believing when it comes to certain holidays. I know that I was heartbroken to find out the truth. I am pretty sure that I heard about it from friends at school. Since I grew up as an only child, once the magic was spoiled, the holidays weren’t so magical anymore. Sure my parents pretended, but pretend, and believing doesn’t really spark the same feelings.
Luckily for Kayla, who is 16, she has a little sister, so even though she knows the truth, she still gets the fun of believing and waking up on Christmas morning to goodies left by Santa, and on Easter, waking up to a basket full of goodies left by the Easter Bunny.
It’s just a fun tradition that most of us all grow up with. She still gets to see the expression on Kelsie’s face that she once had. There still is fun in her pretend belief. That is why when it comes to holidays like Easter, I try to make them special for her; making her special treats, and filling her basket with goodies that she doesn’t have to share. From the huge 12oz DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny, 12oz Starburst® Original Jellybeans, 8oz M&M’s® Easter Sundae, and the 11oz Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate.
To the small things like the Skittles® $1 tube and the Hubba Bubba® $1 Bubble Tape. Of course she’s getting other treats besides the candy! I made sure to grab her favorite hair ties, nail polish, and a figure from a movie that she collects.
I really liked that I was able to grab most of it all at Walmart the other night. I hate running from store to store, and they had everything I was looking for. A few other items that caught my attention, but I didn’t get because I figured I had already filled her basket with enough candy, plus she was getting Easter Krispy Treats; 4.5oz DOVE® Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny, 23.5oz Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates (which includes SNICKERS®, DOVE®, M&M’s®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 Musketeers®), and a Skittles® $1 egg.
The recipe that I’m sharing with y’all today is a part of her Easter gifts this year. She loves rice cereal treats and one of her favorite candy just so happen to be M&M’s®. When I saw the 8oz M&M’s® Easter Sundae, I knew that they would be perfect in the recipe that I was planning on making, Easter Krispy Treats.
I use a homemade marshmallow base which is so much easier to make then I am sure you’re thinking. I’ll show you how easy this recipe is to make, from start to finish!
How do you make homemade marshmallow cream?
- To make the marshmallow base you’re going to place 3 packets of gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water into a large bowl in your stand mixer. Set aside. In a medium to large pot, pour 1/2 cup cold water, 1 cup agave nectar, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Clip a thermometer on the side because you’re going to cook this until it reaches 240 degrees.
- When your sugar/agave mix reaches 240 degrees, remove it from the heat, turn your stand mixer on low, and slowly pour it in. Once your marshmallow base starts to turn white and get fluffy, pour in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 3. Turn it up to high, and let it go until it gets thick. While your marshmallow mix is going, pour 6 cups of rice cereal, 1 – 8oz M&M’s® Easter Sundae, and 1/4 cup Easter colored sprinkles into a large bowl.
- Once your mix is thick and fluffy, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. While the mixer is still going, add the melted butter.
- Once the butter has been thoroughly incorporated, pour the marshmallow base into the cereal mix, and stir to coat.
Pour your Easter Krispy Treats into a parchment paper lined 9X13 inch dish, using a sheet of wax paper, press the mix down flat. Spinkle half with extra sprinkles and extra M&M’s® Easter Sundae, and allow to set.
When your treats are ready, lift the parchment paper out, and cut your treats in half, separating the side with the sprinkles. Melt 1 cup of white chocolate.
I melt mine in the microwave on 3o second increments, at 50% power, stirring after each 30 seconds. Once the white chocolate is melted, drop by spoonfuls onto your treats that aren’t covered by the sprinkles and the M&M’s® Easter Sundae, and spread all over, covering the top.
Sprinkle the top of the white chocolate with sprinkles and more M&M’s® Easter Sundae. Allow to set up again.
Make these for all holidays, just by changing up the color of M&M’s and sprinkles!
Slice up and enjoy!
I gathered all the goodies that I bought for Kayla’s Easter basket, and placed a couple of her Easter Krispy Treats in a cute tray that came with a cellophane bag, and got ready to stuff her basket!
Finally I placed it all in her basket, ready to go! She’s gonna love her Easter goodies! Another year of Easter Magic!
If your looking for more Easter basket ideas for your family, friends, or even neighbors, be sure to head over and check them all out here. What are some of your favorites to include in Easter baskets?
Happy Easter from our family to yours!
Looking for more yummy Easter ideas?
- 3 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water I stash mine in the freezer for 5 minutes, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallow Base Above or 4 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pastel sprinkles plus extra for topping
- 8 oz M&M’s® Easter Sundae plus extra for topping
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup cold water with the gelatin. Set aside, ready to use.
- In a large pot with deep sides, combine the other 1/2 cup of cold water, sugar, and agave nectar.
- Heat on medium to high heat with a candy thermometer attached to the side.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees.
- As soon as it reaches temp, remove from heat.
- Turn on your stand mixer (low) and slowly pour your mixture into the gelatin mix until you pour all of your sugar mix.
- Turn the speed up to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes very thick and no longer hot, but warm to the touch.
- While the marshmallow mix is going, pour your rice cereal, sprinkles, and M&M’s® into a large bowl.
- Once the marshmallow base is ready, pour in 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Once the butter is incorporated, pour over the rice cereal mix and stir to evenly coat everything.
- Pour into a 9X13 inch dish that has been covered with parchment paper.
- Using wax paper, press the Easter Krispy's down evenly.
- Sprinkle half with extra sprinkles and the M&M’s® Easter Sundae.
- Set aside to firm up.
- Once firm cut in half, and set the untopped Easter Krispy's to the side.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- Drop spoonfuls on top of the Easter Krispy's, and spread to cover.
- Sprinkle additional sprinkles and the M&M’s® Easter Sundae on top.
- Set aside to firm up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 1gSugar: 58gProtein: 8g