Crispy crunchy fried Zucchini Fries with Ranch Dipping Sauce will be a hit at your next meal time! The zucchini is fried to perfection while the zesty buttermilk ranch dipping sauce is the perfect sauce to dip your zucchini fries into.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
While watching the Cooking Channel one afternoon one of my childhood favorites came on with her own cooking show, Tia Mowery at Home. Y’all I loved watching Sister Sister, and the Mowery Twins made that show one of my favorites growing up. I can still here the intro song that I used to sing along to all the time! And Roger, ha, he was so funny, and always driving those girls crazy. So anyway, I was watching her cooking show and she was making these zucchini fries with a homemade ranch dipping sauce that looked so tasty! I was intrigued to give it a go. I mean I’ve baked zucchini fries before, but never fried them, and we didn’t dip them in anything. So I knew that by frying these up and dipping then in a homemade ranch, these were going to be awesome!
I made them the following week, and we ate them up just as fast as I was frying them. Luckily, I had made the sauce prior so that we could dip and eat as they came out of the hot oil. If you love zucchini, I really think that you’re going to love this dish. I made them as a side to go with dinner that night, but I think they would be perfect to munch on any time.
So speaking of Tia Mowery having her own cooking show, have you noticed that more and more stars are getting their own shows? Another favorite of mine, Tiffani Amber Thiessen from Saved By The Bell, she has her own show too; Dinner at Tiffani’s. Hmmm, well maybe it’s just those two. I was trying to think of others, but that’s all I’ve got. However, I do have the recipe to this yummy dish that I think you’ll love!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium zucchini sliced in half lengthwise and across, then slice each into 3 long slices
- Canola oil for frying
Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo or mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use, at least a couple of hours.
- Fill a large frying pan with high sides, filling it at least half way up the sides with oil.
- Heat over medium to high heat, until the oil is hot.
- Make a dredging station - In a shallow dish combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In another dish whisk the eggs. In the last dish combine the Parmesan cheese with the panko bread crumbs.
- Lightly coat the zucchini sticks in flour, allowing the excess to fall away, then into the egg, again allowing the excess to fall away, and finally into the panko mixture.
- Fry in small batches a few at a time, removing from the oil when browned on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes. (they cook fast)
- Remove to cool onto a cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
- Serve alongside the ranch dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 76mg Sodium: 594mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?