Sweet, crunchy, and irresistible – this Valentine Graham Cracker Toffee is a great sweet treat to keep for yourself or pass on to friends.
This toffee recipe has floated around for y-eeeears. It’s all over Pinterest, and it’s also known as “crack” or “Christmas crack.”
I have decided that this “crack” should have a version for all the holidays! This of course is the Valentine version.
It’s probably one of the easiest recipes that is totally customizable when it comes to, well just about everything.
You can add just about any chocolate chips, sprinkles, cracker, nut, etc. You name it, and you can pretty much add it.
How can you customize it? – Topping
dark chocolate chips – milk chocolate chips – caramel chips – peanut butter chips – mint chocolate chips
How can you customize it? – More Toppings
Holiday sprinkles – chopped nuts – holiday candies
Can I customize the bottom?
saltine crackers – chocolate graham crackers – potato chips (I suggest thick wavy if using chips) – pretzels
Tips for the best cracker toffee:
- Always line the pan with foil, and spray it with non stick cooking spray.
- Do not step out of the kitchen.
- Use a timer.
- Get creative with your toppings and bottom!
Love valentine graham cracker toffee? Check out some other toffee recipes:
- Graham crackers - enough to cover the bottom of a jellyroll pan
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Valentine sprinkles
- conversation hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers, covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- In a medium size pot, combine the butter and brown sugar, over medium high heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Once a boil is reached, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Do not simmer too high or too fast, or you will burn the sugar!
- Stir frequently. I actually stirred the entire 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat. Wait 30 seconds, stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the graham crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top, and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the melted chocolate all over the top.
- Add the conversation hearts and sprinkles at this time.
- Allow to set completely before cutting. I always toss mine in the fridge to quicken the process.
- Remove by lifting the foil out of the pan, and cutting or breaking into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g