These Triple Chocolate Cookies aren't playing around. They are loaded with serious chocolate flavors, from dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate!
Nothing says chocolate cookies, like Triple Chocolate Cookies! These are so freaking/seriously delicious. They are rich and fudgy. Soft and chewy. I don't even think that I could say enough about these cookies. You just have to give them a try, if you love chocolate!
I have been wanting to make a cookie with a chocolate base for a while now. The only thing is when I went to make them, I discovered I had on a little bit of regular cocoa powder, and a little bit of dark chocolate cocoa powder.
Not enough of either to do anything with just one so I decided just to mix the two together. I didn't have regular chocolate chips - which is shocking, because I normally keep half a bag in the freezer.
I am only assuming that we ate them all. We like to grab a few here and there to snack on. However, I did have white chocolate chips! So Triple Chocolate Cookies were born. YAY!
What goes perfect with cookies? Milk, of course! What makes the perfect after school snack? Milk and cookies! Duh - I bet y'all saw that one coming though, right!?
If you had these for an after school snack, perhaps the kids would want to do their homework! Actually, I'll be honest...I'd totally bribe the kids to do whatever, with these cookies. They are in fact, that good!
I know that these will be in our cookie jar a lot this winter, because for some reason, like many others, I bake more in the fall and winter than any other time of the year.
These are just too easy not to have made! Plus, you can make this cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it! Yep. Meaning that you could totally pull one out here and there and bake a cookie.
Talk about the perfect way to keep you from overeating. <--- I know that I'm not the only one that can't eat just one cookie!
Triple Chocolate Cookies ingredients:
- dark cocoa powder
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- dark brown sugar
- white chocolate chips
Can I freeze cookie dough?
If you choose to freeze the dough, here is my tip. Follow all of the the steps in the instructions - except for the baking part! 🙂
Yes, you'll still chill this cookie dough, before making the cookie dough balls, but once the cookie dough balls have been made, you'll flash freeze them on a sheet pan.
What does flash freezing mean?
You're going to place them side by side on a cookie sheet, or any other pan that will fit in the freezer. Make sure they aren't touching. Then freeze them for about 2 hours. Remove them from the pan, and place in a zip top bag, until ready to bake.
When you are ready to bake, just place the dough onto a cookie sheet, and bake. No need to thaw!
Optional Triple Chocolate cookie add-ins and substitutions:
Add: chopped nuts, toffee bits, mini M&M's
Substitutions: swap out those white chocolate chips for your favorite chip. - milk can be swapped with half and half or a dairy free alternative. - use all dark cocoa powder or regular, instead of both. - use light brown sugar instead of dark, if that's all you have.
A few of our favorite cookie recipes:
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or any other chips you'd like, or even M&M's
- Combine flour, dark cocoa powder, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer, cream the butter alone for two minutes. Add the sugars, and beat for another two minutes, until nice and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and milk.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. The dough is going to be sticky and thick!
- Once it's well combined, using a rubber spatula, fold in the white chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Allow the dough to come up to room temperature, about 10 minutes before handling.
- Using a cookie scoop that's about 2 tablespoons, roll dough and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 4 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram