A combination of sweet orange and tart cranberries is always a perfect pair – and The Best Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Bread is one of our favorite family traditions.
When I met Zack I was working at a coffee shop in the mall. Funny enough, at 18 it was my first job as well. I loved working there. I picked up extra shifts when ever they were available. I loved the regular customers that would come in daily. I loved the smell of the freshly brewed coffee and espresso, and all the different drinks I learned to make.
However, another reason I loved working there was that I got to eat the delicious pastries. One thing that they always had were cranberry orange muffins.
The sweetness from the orange and the tartness of the cranberries, made me fall in love with what has become one of my winter favorites, The Best Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Bread.
Ingredients in Orange Cranberry Bread:
- Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour – you can also use all purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Orange Zest
- Orange Juice
- Avocado Oil
- Fresh Cranberries
How do you make Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Bread?
Line and grease a loaf pan. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Mix in the orange zest.
Stir in the orange juice, eggs and oil. Fold in the cranberries. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake.
Mix up the glaze once the bread is completely cooled and pour over the top.
- Add ½ cup pecans when you fold in the cranberries
- Melt and drizzle white chocolate on top instead of the glaze
- Mix in ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Use orange juice in the glaze
Other holiday breads that we love:
- 2 cups gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- grated zest of 1 orange
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the orange zest.
- Stir in the orange juice, eggs, and oil.
- Fold in the cranberries, gently.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by mixing together the ingredients and pour over the top of the completely cooled bread.