Ground beef, rice, peppers, and spices come blend together in one skillet to create Texas Hash. A simple dinner meal that tastes like it's right out of Texas!
Weeks ago I was browsing Pinterest (follow us here) and someone had pinned a delicious dish that required simple ingredients and only one dish. Those are my kinds of meals. Working from home and home schooling Kelsie has me short on time these days when it comes to thinking of anything complicated with a lot of ingredients for dinner. Not to mention we just had Thanksgiving, and Christmas is right around the corner, another time snatcher.
This one skillet meal packs a punch when it comes to flavor, and you'll love the minimum effort it takes to make. This recipe is from one of my favorite blogs, A Family Feast, and I think you're going to love it as much as we do!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper we used green, but use which ever one if your favorite
- 1 tablespoon fined chopped fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice 14.5oz
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- In a large pan (that a lid will fit), heat your oil over medium to high heat.
- Add your pepper, onion, garlic, ground beef, and spices. Cook until your beef is no longer pink.
- Add the rice, and cook for a couple of minutes, allowing it to soak up any juice from the beef and vegetables.
- Add the tomato paste, and stir around.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water, and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check the dish at 20 minutes, if there is still liquid in the bottom, continue to cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- When your ready to serve, stir in the cheese, and plate up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1498mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 40g