This Taco Snack Mix is crunchy, savory, and irresistible!
One of our favorite things to snack on is snack mixes. I stopped buying them a long time ago when I realized I could make just about any flavor combination with the spices in my cabinet. There were also always certain pieces in the bag that one of us just didn’t like, and when you went to grab a handful, you’d be stuck with all the leftovers. No fun.
A little while back I shared two recipes for snack mixes using Goldfish crackers that was a huge hit – 2 Simply Seasoned Goldfish® Cracker Party Mixes. Today I’m sharing another one that we love, with the spices from Kelsie’s favorite dinner, tacos! This Taco Snack Mix is simple to make, and it turns out absolutely irresistible! If you’re a taco fan, you won’t be able to keep your hands out of these.
We used cheddar Goldfish and pretzel twists, broken into pieces, but honestly you could add bagel chips, nuts, Chex cereal, etc. It’s really interchangeable, as far as those ingredients go. Maybe your kids want the colored Goldfish? Go for it! Make a holiday version, and use the green and red Goldfish. By the way, this isn’t a sponsored post, even though I’ve dropped the name Goldfish a dozen times! We just really love Goldfish crackers! 🙂 Who doesn’t?! Anyway, so let me tell you how easy this is to make, so that you can enjoy Taco Snack Mix too!
- 2 cups pretzel twists broken into pieces
- 1 6.6 oz bag Goldfish crackers
- 3/4 c . olive oil
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Goldfish and pretzel twists into a large bowl or gallon zip top bag.
- Whisk together the spices and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the spice mix over the Goldfish and pretzels.
- Mix until crackers are completely covered in seasoning mix.
- Pour out onto two large baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 712mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g