Who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? This Taco Pasta is comfort food meets Mexican flavors!
When I have dishes like this it reminds me a lot of Hamburger Helper meals which are filled to the brim with artificial ingredients. The only difference between this and the box stuff is this is made with real ingredients and requires two dishes instead of one. One extra dish totally makes up for the real food that I am feeding my family. This dish seriously takes the same amount of time to throw together!
We eat a lot of pasta dishes and Mexican inspired meals so to sort of recreate the boxed mix of this made complete sense. It’s one that the whole family loves, and can feed up to 6 people, when served with a vegetable. We go with corn usually, but you could eat it with most any vegetable your family enjoys. You could even toss corn or black beans into this dish to make it more of a complete meal. If you choose to go this route, I would do so when you add the pasta back to the pan.
This recipe was adapted from Plain Chicken.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounce of pasta I used elbow
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Toppings such as additional shredded cheese sour cream, etc.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the directions.
- Before you drain your pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your ground meat and onion, until the meat is no longer pink.
- If there is any grease, drain it away.
- Add your garlic, salsa, and taco seasoning. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in your cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and reserved pasta water.
- Continue simmering while stirring until your sauce comes together and is well blended.
- Plate up, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 119mg Sodium: 954mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 31g