This Taco Pasta was inspired by those boxed meals you buy, and it's a family favorite. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight meal!
When I have dishes like this it reminds me a lot of Hamburger Helper meals which are filled to the brim with artificial ingredients.
The only difference between this and the box stuff is this is made with real ingredients and requires two dishes instead of one.
One extra dish totally makes up for the real food that I am feeding my family. This dish seriously takes the same amount of time to throw together!
We eat a lot of pasta dishes and Mexican inspired meals so to sort of recreate the boxed mix of this made complete sense. It's one that the whole family loves, and can feed up to 6 people, when served with a vegetable.
We go with corn usually, but you could eat it with most any vegetable your family enjoys.
Taco Pasta ingredients:
- ground beef
- pasta, I used elbow
- taco seasoning
- cream cheese
- sour cream
Taco Pasta additions:
Canned corn or black beans would be a great addition.
If you choose to go this route, I would do so when you add the pasta back to the pan.
What can you put on top of Taco Pasta?
Sour cream - salsa - cilantro - guacamole - shredded cheese
Here are a few other Mexican Favorites:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounce of pasta I used elbow
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Toppings such as additional shredded cheese sour cream, etc.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the directions.
- Before you drain your pasta, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your ground meat and onion, until the meat is no longer pink.
- If there is any grease, drain it away.
- Add your garlic, salsa, and taco seasoning. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in your cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and reserved pasta water.
- Continue simmering while stirring until your sauce comes together and is well blended.
- Plate up, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 954mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram