This sweet and spicy chex mix is the perfect blend of flavors. Ingredients include honey, hot sauce, and seasonings and it makes this Sweet Heat Chex Mix, your next addictive snack!
Nothing says the holidays like some sort of Chex Mix sitting on the counter! I've made just about every flavor of Chex Mix over the years, and enjoyed even more. It's one of those things that I like to have hanging around for all those holidays movies we are watching!
Of course Chex Mixes aren't just for the holidays! They are perfect all throughout the year, for football games, parties, or just perfect to keep around for snacking.
I love the fact that you can change up the flavors to accommodate just about anybody's taste buds. This Sweet Heat is the perfect blend of a sweet and spicy chex mix, but you can also dial back on the hot sauce or turn it up to your liking.
As is, I find it the perfect blend of sweet and heat.
Ingredients in Sweet Heat Chex Mix:
- Chex cereal - I used a mix of Corn and Rice Chex
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Mini pretzel twists - use GF to make this a gluten free Chex mix
- Unsalted butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How do you make Sweet and Spicy Chex Mix?
Mix together the cereals, peanuts and pretzels together in a large bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave, and whisk in the honey, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper.
Pour over the dry ingredients. Stir until thoroughly coated and spread on a lined baking sheet. Two, if yours isn't large enough to spread out the mix without overlapping too much. And bake. Stirring every 15 minutes for one hour.
Chex Mix Storage Tips:
Store this in an airtight container for up to two weeks, at room temperature.
You can also freeze this in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
How spicy is this chex mix?
It's not that spicy. I'd say medium.
I'm not a fan of hot, so this amount is perfect, for me. Remember to always change the spice to what you like!
Our favorite chex mixes:
- 9 cup Chex Cereal - I used Rice and Corn Chex
- 2 cups Roasted Peanuts
- 2 cups Mini Pretzel Twists
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line an extra large baking sheet or two medium sized baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together the cereal, peanuts and pretzels in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwavable safe bowl. Stir in the honey, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Pour over the cereal mix and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour onto the baking sheet, spreading into a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
This will crisp up as it sits as room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 9g