Perfectly baked chunks of chicken breast tossed in a yummy sauce is what makes this Sticky Chicken delectable!
We have recently gotten on this Asian kick where we have been eating something Asian inspired almost every other night of the week. I’ve rather enjoyed it, since Asian flavors are quite different than the normal spices we use around here. Nobody has complained as of yet, so I will keep on until someone says stop. Of course, that may not be true, because Kayla used to complain all the time about how much Mexican food we were eating; including telling me that we eat more than her best friend, who is Mexican. 🙂 Well, what can I say, I like to cook outside of the normal fried pork chops, chicken and macaroni and cheese that we Southerners love to eat so much of!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
It’s nice to step outside of our borders and try out new flavors. That is why I love watching Food Network so much, because I learn about other cultures and how they pair different things together. I find it so much fun to be in the grocery store and grab a new spice or sauce knowing that I’m going to prepare a new dish that we have never tried before. I also like to give my kids a variety of different cuisines.
This dish is super simple to make, and we absolutely love it! I pair it with rice, and sauteed snow peas, but broccoli would be great, or even skip the rice and go with noodles. Double the sauce and toss the noodles and chicken in a bowl with a veggie. Yum!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or search homemade soy sauce on our site
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Liberally season your chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- You're going to set up a dredging station, by placing your beaten egg in a shallow dish, your flour in another, and your panko in another.
- Start by dipping your chicken into the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip into the egg, allow the egg to drip off, and then into the panko.
- Once you've done this to all of your pieces, spray the tops with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they are golden brown, and no longer pink.
- While the chicken is baking, you're going to make your sauce by combining the soy sauce, honey, garlic, bbq sauce, ginger, and chili sauce in a medium sauce pot.
- Simmer over medium to high heat until slightly thickened. (3-5 minutes)
- Toss the cooked chicken in and serve with sliced green onions and sesame seeds on top!
Double the sauce recipe for extra for topping your rice or noodles with.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 189mg Sodium: 1635mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 45g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?