Spinach Dip is a party favorite! Now you can enjoy it for dinner in this yummy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta Bake!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
One of my favorite munchie eats just so happens to be spinach dip. Even though it really isn’t “healthy”, I like to pretend, because, hello!, it does contain spinach! 🙂 And spinach is green and spinach is healthy.
Anyway. I have mentioned this a bazillion times that I got lucky in the kids and vegetable department because my girls love their vegetables. So when it comes to picky eating, that happens to be me. I’m picky and vegetables and I just aren’t really friends. We are more like acquaintances. I have gotten better, but it’s hard sometimes to put a vegetable on my plate, so I try and cook meals that contain vegetables so that when I get a bite of said veggie, it’s also with something else. So in this case that would be chicken, pasta, and cheese! Cheese is always a good thing.
This dish brings my favorite munchie eat and places it in dinner form, and that makes me happy! If you’re a fan of spinach dip then this meal is for you! If you want to artichoke to this dish, by all means, go for it. If you like artichoke in your spinach dip then I know it would be a winner in this dinner. (HA! I rhymed.) But seriously. I don’t like artichoke, otherwise I totally would have added it.
- 1/2 lb dry pasta just about any will do - perhaps not spaghetti noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise we use an egg free version
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to the package instruction, except pull it out when it's almost al dente and drain. Set aside.
- Cube chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in a medium sized pan, over medium to high heat with 2 tablespoons of canola oil, until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a brownie pan. (see below for the specific pan that I use)
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, chicken, and spinach.
- Add chopped garlic, minced parsley, 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are Incorporated throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream and milk together until smooth.
- Stir this mayonnaise mixture into the pasta mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Top off with remaining shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 619mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 36g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?
- Ozeri Pronto Digital Multi-function Kitchen and Food Scale
- Prepworks by Progressive Snap Fit Measuring Spoons – Set of 5
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set – 6 Piece stackable with spout
- Pyrex 3 – Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- Set of 4 – Whisk and Spatula Set
- 8-inch Glass Baking Pan (Brownie Pan)
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4
- Utopia Kitchen Grater