This recipe has been all over the internet for years now. So why is this one any different then the other 15 thousand? Well, after making the version of this that one of my dear friends gave me, I thought that it was a bit too spicy for myself and Kelsie so I added another component that just took this soup through the roof delicious! More so then it was before. Your gonna love it and so will your family. I served mine with a side of fluffy buttermilk biscuits, you can go with a crusty Italian bread or whatever else that your family likes.
Scroll down for a printable version.
What do you need?
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 large onion, diced
6 strips bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
10 cups water
5 chicken bullion cubes
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 of a bunch of kale
What do you do?
1. In a large sauce pot brown your sausage with the crushed red pepper flakes, onion, and garlic. Drain grease and transfer to another bowl, set aside.
2. In the same large sauce pot cook your bacon until crispy, drain grease and set aside.
3. Add the chicken bullion and water to the pot. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the potatoes and cook until soft, about 30 minutes.
5. Add the heavy cream at the same time, mix thoroughly and cook until heated through.
6. Add your sausage and the kale. Cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes and serve.