Simple Seasoned Party Pretzels are simple to make, and very addictive, which is why we call them “Crack Pretzels”!
I made this recipe right after Christmas, since we were in the mood for that perfect salty snack after eating all the cookies, fudge, and pie. I’ve made it four times since, and every time I think to myself, why didn’t I buy more than one bag of pretzels?! Because, they are so addicting, which means they are gone in no time! And then you find yourself licking your finger and sticking it in the crumbs in the bottom of the container, because that’s all that is left, and you weren’t ready for them to be gone just yet. Wait, I’m the only one doing that? Oops.
These sort of remind me of the ranch oyster crackers, only way better. And, we aren’t using any ranch packets here. These are full of spices that you more than likely already have in your kitchen, and that means all you really need to do is go and buy some pretzels! I highly encourage you to buy some pretzels soon, and make these. Next movie night? Forget the popcorn, make these instead! Family/friends coming over? Make these. You gotta bring something to the office party? Bring these. Everyone will thank you and rave over how freaking awesome these simple seasoned party pretzels are, and you’ll realize why we call them crack pretzels!
- 16 oz bag of large twist pretzels - broken into pieces see photo for example
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- ¾ cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (you may need two baking sheets, depending on the size of your baking sheet)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together your oil and all of your spices. Set aside.
- Place your broken pretzels into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Pour your oil/spice mixture into the bag with the pretzels. Close tightly.
- Toss and shake to coat thoroughly coat the pretzels.
- Once coated, pour them onto your lined baking sheet(s), in a single layer.
- Bake for one hour, timing them to stir/flip over every 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an air tight container on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1436mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g