This Simple Pizza Casserole is made quick, using canned biscuits, cheese, and any of your favorite toppings. If will be your family’s choice for pizza night!
We eat some form of pizza every week. Whether Zack is making No Rise No Fail Homemade Pizza Dough and we’re topping it with our favorite toppings, or he’s making his Super Easy Pizza Pockets/Calzones, or I’m making Easy Taco Pizza; we eat a form of pizza every week.
It’s one of our favorites, and really the concept is really versatile. If you’re watching your carbs you could make pizza topped zucchini rounds, or you could make French bread pizzas, or you could make this Simple Pizza Casserole. It really can’t get any simpler than this.
I buy canned biscuits (Annie’s), but you can buy whatever your family prefers, or if you’ve got all the time in the world (yay, for you!), you can make them from scratch.
I happen to have a very easy recipe for Fluffy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, if you want to give that a try. I just don’t always have the time to make them, even though they take minutes to whip up, and Annie’s is a brand that we feel really good about using.
This recipe has been known by several different names, like bubble up pizza and pop up pizza.
Pizza Casserole add-ins:
- black olives
Can I make this casserole gluten free?
Yes! Just use your favorite gluten free biscuit.
You can also make your own biscuit dough. It’s totally up to you!
Can I make this with pasta instead?
Sure! Just cook your pasta, about 8 ounces, according to the directions on the box.
Pizza Casserole side dishes:
- Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apple, Bacon, Cranberries & a Citrus Dressing
- Spicy Asian Green Beans
- 1 can Annie's refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can of pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of Pizza toppings
- Cut biscuits into pieces (about 6 pieces per biscuit)
- In a large bowl stir together pizza sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and pizza toppings.
- Pour into a greased baking dish. (I use an 8X8)
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, or until dough is completely cooked through. If you notice too much browning, you can cover with foil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g