You only need 6 ingredients for this Simple Granola Recipe for Almond Butter Granola. It’s ready in 30 minutes – plus it’s gluten free, refined sugar free, and oil free!
I love a good granola that’s loaded to the brim with ingredients. I’ve made several of those recipes, and I’ll link to them at the bottom of this post for you.
Lately though, I’ve been leaning more towards this basic recipe. This Simple Granola Recipe for Almond Butter Granola has become my favorite.
It’s a granola recipe that doesn’t require a lot of fuss; fuss meaning the ingredients. You only need 6, and it’s all the “frees,” which make it great for so many different people. Gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, and vegan.
When coming up with this granola recipe, I wanted it fairly basic. I wanted it to pair well with all the flavors of yogurt that I like to eat granola with. I also wanted to make sure that it could be seen as a breakfast for snack.
This Simple Granola Recipe for Almond Butter Granola is just that. I find myself making this one more often than any of my other ones.
What are the ingredients of a simple granola recipe?
You have your dry ingredients, which consist of oats, cinnamon, and salt. Then you have your wet ingredients which consist of maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
What are some substitutions for a simple granola recipe?
You can use any of your favorite nut butter, in place of almond butter. Peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, sunflower butter, etc.
I used maple syrup to make this vegan, but you can certainly use honey or agave nectar. In a pinch, I’ve even used pancake syrup.
Can I make granola ahead of time?
Yes! It will keep up to two weeks in an airtight container, in the pantry. Or you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge, for even longer.
What are the best ways to eat this simple granola recipe?
- By the handful (my personal favorite)
- A topping for yogurt – pairs perfectly with plain Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Use it to top your favorite ice cream for a crunchy bite
- A base for cheesecake
- Just in a bowl of your favorite milk or milk substitute – I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Here are some of my other granola recipes that I think you’ll enjoy:
- Banana Bread Granola
- Apple Pie Granola
- Cinnamon Maple Granola with Cranberries
- Gingerbread Granola
- Cherry Pecan Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix together your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the almond butter and maple syrup together, for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to coat.
- Press into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 139mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 14g Protein: 10g