You won't believe how simple these Simple Candied Pecans are to make, using only 5 ingredients!
I have been in the kitchen so much lately. From Christmas cookies to savory dishes, and a to die for no bake sweet potato cheesecake; I've been busy! Of course there was one recipe that has been on my to do list since the summer, and that's been candied pecans. I have ran through dozens of recipes to find one that is simple to make.
Most of the ones that I found required you to do a few extra steps that I found completely unnecessary. Who wants to spend extra time in the kitchen during the holidays? Not me. These simple candied pecans (or any nut for that matter) are as simple as mixing a few things together, tossing the nuts, and baking. You can not get much simpler than these.
I don't ever remember growing up with candied nuts as part of our holiday tradition. I can recall the container of mixed nuts, but nothing was candy like about them. Those are ok and all, but when these simple candied pecans are this easy, it's just crazy not to include them as part of your munchie eats. Plus they're nuts, so their healthy, right?! 😉 Well they are better for you than another cookie.
Of course I don't know about you, but I really don't count calories during the holidays or watch what I eat. I've spent just about the whole year doing so, therefor when the holidays are upon us, all of that is thrown out the window. So for me snacking on these nuts was my healthier choice!
- 3 cups pecans - or other nuts raw, not toasted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.*
- Mix together the sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg white and water until very frothy. Set aside.
- Place nuts into a large bowl and toss with the frothy egg white mixture, until thoroughly coated.
- Pour in the sugar cinnamon mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Tossing halfway through.
- Allow to cool, and store in an airtight container
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g