One pan meals are the way to go, and this sweet and tangy Sheet Pan Roasted Balsamic & Honey Chicken & Asparagus hits all the right taste buds!
I know I’ve been missing lately, but my camera got a hair on the mirror inside, and I tried to clean it off, which didn’t work, so I was forced to send it into Canon for a cleaning. It should arrive today! Thankfully. Because I have a whole bunch of recipes that I made over the past week, that I have to remake so that I can share them with ya’ll! A big one, that really stressed me out….a cake! I had made that thing, frosted it to perfection, and my frosting skills sorta suck, so I was proud…and that’s when I discovered the hair. It belonged to our long hair doxie, Gracie. I have literally been lost without my camera. Reason number one that I need a new one, so that I can at least have a backup. Anyway. Let’s talk about this juicy chicken with the perfect sweet and tangy marinade!
A couple of years ago I made this recipe One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus, and it’s been wildly popular. Don’t mess with a good thing, right? Well…if you know me, I like to change things up, and that’s what I did. I made that one pan balsamic chicken and asparagus even better!
I made that recipe better by adding to the marinade, and tossing in potatoes. Who doesn’t love potatoes? I was making the other recipe, and usually roasting or mashing potatoes, so this just cuts out that step, and makes dinner simpler. Simple recipes are my favorite.
With summer literally right around the corner, (we’ve been to the beach twice already) I want simple dishes, and this one is just that. My whole family loves it. I like to take my asparagus a little bit further than the rest of the family, so I plate up everyone’s except mine, and toss it under the broiler for a few extra minutes.
Two of my favorite short cuts with all sheet pan meals that I make are; marinate in a gallon zip top bag, and line the sheet pan with parchment paper. These two short cuts save me time. No washing, or making room in the dishwasher for the bowl from the marinade, and no washing the sheet pan after roasting! They not only save me time, but my family, because I don’t always clean up after dinner. I like to delegate that task to either Zack or Kayla. They really like when I make meals like this.
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large gallon zip top bag mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in, and coat both sides. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to roast. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on one end of the baking sheet, with the potatoes in a single layer on the other side. Pour marinade over the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes, and toss in the asparagus. Spread it around through the potatoes, and the extra marinade from the chicken in the pan. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 299mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 43g