One pan, one pound of sausage, rice, veggies, and seasoning make this Sausage and Rice Skillet your next go to meal!
When I saw this recipe on South Your Mouth I knew that I had to make it, the idea of sausage and rice combined sounded delicious! Of course I adapted to make it one pan because I am a lover of all things simple, and simple means less dirty dishes, and less dirty dishes means more time to myself, and more time to myself means happier momma/wife. Those are good things. When momma’s not happy, the rest of the people aren’t happy. At least our home seems to follow that little saying. What about yours?
In this dish I used fresh ground country style sausage from The Fresh Market, and it’s just got the perfect flavors for this dish. Of course you can change up the flavor of sausage that you use. Like it spicy? Go for a hot variety. Want more of an Italian flare? Use Italian sausage. No matter the sausage you choose, it’s going to be delicious.
- 1 pound fresh ground pork sausage any flavor
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 container cream of mushroom soup Pacific makes a great organic one
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven safe skillet, cook the sausage for 5 minutes, over medium to high heat.
- After 5 minutes, add your celery, onion, and garlic.
- Continue to cook until your sausage is no longer pink.
- Pour in your soup and broth, stir to combine.
- Add your crushed red pepper flakes, and rice. Stir.
- Cover tightly with foil, or a lid, if you have one that fits your skillet.
- Place in your oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to sit covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1316mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g