Creamy alfredo sauce, cajun seasoning, and smoked sausage make this Sausage Alfredo a dinner with 5 ingredients, and ready in less than 20 minutes.
I love any and all kinds of alfredo. It’s creamy, cheesy, and the perfect comfort food. I never would have guessed that sausage would pair so well with alfredo sauce, but boy does it! We all loved this and ate it right up. This is now on our usual dinner rotation, and so far we haven’t grown tired of it. Did I mention that it only takes about 20 minutes? I didn’t mention that? Well, it only takes about 20 minutes, which means dinner is ready in no time.
I was browsing magazines one day, found this by Hillshire Farms, and ripped it out, because that whole less than 20 minutes gets me every time. I am always looking for a quick dinner fix. The afternoons are usually so rushed after school, and I just don’t have time to wait an hour some nights on dinner to be finished. We just fix the recipe as is, but I think that bell peppers or asparagus, would go great in this.
- 8 oz pasta cooked according to the directions and drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package of smoked sausage
- Cook your pasta according to the package, drain, and set aside.
- Cut your sausage into 1/2 inch sized pieces.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, and saute your sausage for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream, cajun seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta and, and top with the remainder of parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot!
If you want to add vegetables, throw them in when you pour in your cream, or you can saute them with your sausage. It just depends on how well done you want the vegetables. I tend to like a little crunch left. You could also double the recipe, and before serving, top with bread crumbs and place in the oven under the broiler.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 133mg Sodium: 933mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g