Roasted Carrots with a maple glaze, spiced up with coriander and topped off with pomegranate seeds.
These are gonna be a hit at your dinner table!
We struggle with variety when it comes to side dishes at dinner time. We usually have a starch (rice or potatoes) and then a vegetable. Our vegetable sides have been lacking in creativity, so I decided to step outside the box. Our normal, and I’m ashamed to say is roasted broccoli (olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic) or a steam bag of brussel sprouts (because Zack and the girls love them). I don’t eat either of those so I hardly ever get a vegetable, unless we have Soy Free Beef and Broccoli, because I will eat the broccoli in that dish since it’s covered in a sauce. I have been pinning over on Pinterest like crazy all sorts of vegetable sides that look not boring and tasty. These carrots came up one day and I thought, I love carrots so I’m gonna try this. They are so easy, although next time I think I’ll skip one prep step and just buy baby carrots and slice those in half length-wise.
I wasn’t the only one that loved eating these, and was kind of sad that I had halved the recipe. I always half vegetable recipes the first round because I hate waste, and what if we don’t like it? Although who wouldn’t love a carrot that has been slow roasted with maple syrup?! Exactly.
These roasted carrots will pair perfectly with just about any meat that you put them with, and I think that they would make a great accompaniment to the holiday dinner!
- 2 pounds baby carrots cut in half length-wise
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced carrots, 1/2 cup of the pomegranate seeds, and fresh thyme leaves on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil, maple syrup, honey, salt, pepper, thyme, and coriander over the top, and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, remove and flip.
- Roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the additional 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds on top, and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 472mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g