These Chewy Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies are thick and chewy with plenty of spice and warmth. These molasses cookies will become your fall favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
The flavors of ginger remind me so much of the fall and my grandmother. She always had a bag of gingersnap cookies in her cabinet for munching.
These Chewy Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies have a fall twist with canned pumpkin and Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract. These are surly to become your favorite fall cookie!
What spices are in these Chewy Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies?
The Rodelle Pumpkin Spice extract features cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, and pumpkin! Of course we also added in extra cinnamon and ginger to bump up the flavors.
What ingredients are in these Chewy Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies?
What is pumpkin spice extract?
It's the perfect extract to use in fall baking. I use it a lot in place of vanilla during this time of the year. It features cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and pumpkin. See, perfect for fall!
Tips for the best Chewy Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies:
- Use room temperature ingredients. Room temperature butter and eggs blend so much better than cold.
- Mixing the dry ingredients separately from the wet helps everything mix together easier.
- Lining your baking sheets with parchment paper is a little tip that I always use. No matter if they are non stick or not.
How do you store Gingersnap Cookies?
I store my cookies in an air tight container, on the countertop at room temperature.
Can I make these gluten free?
Yes! Use our favorite Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour. It's the one gluten free that I have found that always turns out treats like regular flour would.
Can I add chocolate chips?
Yes! I would add ½ cup mini chocolate chips to this batch of gingersnap cookies. They flavors would go so well together.
Our favorite fall cookie recipes:
- 1 stick of butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar and additional for rolling cookies in before baking
- ½ cup of pumpkin
- ¼ cup black strap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 2 ⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, cream together your butter and sugar.
- While the mixer is still going, add in your pumpkin, molasses, pumpkin spice extract, and egg, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, until everything is fully combined.
- Place additional sugar in small bowl for rolling your dough balls in.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make tablespoon sized dough balls, roll in sugar, place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet.
Dough will be super sticky! You can help this by placing your dough in the fridge for a couple of hours before getting ready to roll the dough into balls and baking it. I just skipped this because sometimes baking is messy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g