The flavors of ginger remind me so much of fall. So I thought why not kick off October with a recipe for delicious pumpkin ginger cookies! These cookies aren’t like a gingersnap, they aren’t snappy, but chewy in texture. I do have a recipe for some snappy gingersnaps coming up next month, but for now, these are perfect. These cookies still pack that ginger flavor that you know and love from gingersnap cookies. The pumpkin and ginger just pair perfectly together.
- 1 stick of butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar and additional for rolling cookies in before baking
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water or one egg, mix together first and set aside!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, cream together your butter and sugar.
- While the mixer is still going, add in your pumpkin, molasses, vanilla, and flax egg, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Mixing by hand, slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, until everything is fully combined.
- Place additional sugar in small bowl for rolling your dough balls in.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make tablespoon sized dough balls, roll in sugar, place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet.
Dough will be super sticky! You can help this by placing your dough in the fridge for a couple of hours before getting ready to roll the dough into balls and baking it. I just skipped this because sometimes baking is messy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g