Today I’m starting with one of our favorites, pumpkin! I have several pumpkin recipes coming up over the new few days that I’m excited to share!
Although these cookies are small in size, the flavors are huge! Everyone knows that pumpkin and cream cheese pair perfectly together, and I agree. These cookies are a perfect marriage of the two ingredients. The pumpkin cookies are super soft, that I can only describe as “melt-in-you-mouth”, and topped with a spiced cream cheese frosting that makes anything pumpkin taste better!
They are bite sized so that you can eat more at one time and not feel guilty. At least that’s the what I say to justify eating more. If you don’t have a piping bag, no big deal. Just place your frosting in a zip top bag, snip the corner (just a bit!), and frost those cookies like the pros! The sprinkling of cinnamon on the top will hide any imperfections that you may have encountered while you were swirling that frosting all over the place. Of course no one eating these are going to complain about how the frosting wasn’t swirled just so, because they will be complimenting you on the perfect tasting cookies!
this recipe was adapted from Parent Pretty.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water - Mix together or 1 egg, set aside, do this first!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- While the mixer is going add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Continue mixing and add your vanilla and flax egg.
- Stop the mixer, and stir in your flour, in small amounts at a time.
- Once thoroughly combined, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 miutes or until the tops are set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan melt your butter and add brown sugar until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in your milk and vanilla.
- Using a mixer, beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Start with 1/2 cup, and add until you reach the consistency and sweetness you'd like.
- Spread frosting on completely cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g