This Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Caramel is so moist and packed with flavor. The pumpkin spice caramel is the perfect finishing touch for this fall favorite.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
If you’ve hung around here long enough, y’all know I have a deep love for pumpkin. From the time August rolls around, and well into November I’m full on pumpkin.
I bake and eat all the pumpkin treats I can get.
If I’m not eating pumpkin, I’m trying to come up with new pumpkin recipes. I love figuring up new ways to enjoy one of my seasonal favorites.
Get this, so far since September I’ve shared 4 recipes where pumpkin is the star ingredient: Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Granola with Dark Chocolate Chips & Cranberries, Pumpkin Spice Chex Mex, and Caramel Pumpkin Spice Thumbprint Cookies.
Pumpkin bundt cake is nothing new, and if you look around the internet, it’s pretty much everywhere. What is new to me though, is how to spice it up.
Sure you can buy ground pumpkin pie spice or make your own, but have you ever baked with Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract?
It’s a game changer! With hints of vanilla, nutmeg, clove, ginger, and cinnamon, it’s the perfect extract to use in all of your pumpkin goodies. Don’t believe me?
You’ve got to try it! Haven’t heard of Rodelle? You simply must check them out!
Of course this pumpkin bundt cake baked with the pumpkin spice extract is perfect standing alone, but I had to take it over the top with the pumpkin spice caramel.
Yep, I totally used the pumpkin spice extract in the cake and the caramel. It is all a perfect match; totally meant to be. I can’t ever see eating pumpkin bundt cake without pumpkin spice caramel again.
Don’t let caramel scare you, it’s actually far simpler than you can imagine. I make caramel several different ways depending on the outcome I’m looking for.
In this instance, I used one of the simplest forms of caramel ever, well besides buying an ice cream caramel topping.
You won’t need a candy thermometer!! What you will need is condensed milk and a couple of other ingredients. You simply bring to a boil, stirring constantly; perhaps stirring constantly is the hardest part about this caramel.
Cool it for a couple of minutes, and then pour over the top of this pumpkin bundt cake. I had about 1/4th cup pumpkin spice caramel left, and Kelsie chose to dip her apple slices in it.
Yum! So if you save a little bit of that caramel, you’ve got yourself an awesome fruit dip!
So do yourself a favor and whip up with easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Caramel! Wow your guests this holiday season.
Or simply bake it just because. We don’t always need a reason to bake cake!
What ingredients do I need to make pumpkin bundt cake?
- baking soda
- canola oil
- Rodelle pumpkin spice extract
- sour cream
How do I make pumpkin bundt cake?
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin spice extract, pumpkin, and sour cream until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, scrap the sides and hand stir until fully incorporated. Don’t over mix of you’ll end up with a dense cake.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Make this pumpkin bundt cake your own!
This cake would be delicious with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or topped with a chocolate sauce.
Fall inspired baking:
- Pear Bundt Cake with Vanilla Bean Caramel
- Gingerbread Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pound Cake with Spiced Caramel
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle pumpkin spice extract
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup sour cream
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- 1 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, attached to a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin spice extract, pumpkin, and sour cream until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, scrap the sides and hand stir until fully incorporated. Don't over mix of you'll end up with a dense cake.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting the pan on to a cooling rack for the cake to cool completely. Once the cake has completely cooled, prepare the caramel.
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- Heat the condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium pot, over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Constantly stirring with a rubber spatula. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and pumpkin spice extract until the butter is melted. Pour over the cake while it's still warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 6g