Pumpkin bread pudding is warm and soft on the inside, with pecan pie flavored M&M’s®, that really help enhance the fall flavors!
I can feel fall in the air! In Florida, for us to already be feeling fall air is crazy, but you won’t hear me complaining. Fall just so happens to be one of my favorite times of the year. Back to feeling fall in the air…Wednesday and Thursday morning when I took the dogs out for their morning walk, it was cool, as in 68 degrees!! I have you know, that just with that 68 degrees on those two mornings this week, it really made me want to pull out my jeans, button-up plaids, and boots. But let’s be honest, by lunch time it’s in the upper 80’s, so I would regret my clothing decision as soon as I went out the door. So I suppose that until the weather is cool all day, I’ll refrain from the boots and plaid button-ups.
My clothing may not be able to change yet, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t start baking up my favorite fall recipes, and drink my favorite fall beverages. There have been a lot of apple and pumpkin creations in my kitchen over the last couple of weeks, and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way. It reminds me, for whatever reason, of my childhood. The weekends where my daddy would burn piles of leaves, the path of crushed leaves that the riding lawn mower would leave where I would then ride my bike and pretend it was a neighborhood of intertwining streets, and let’s not forget the school mornings full of pancake breakfasts that my mother used to make me. Fall is full of wonderful memories!
So, about those yummy creations coming out of my kitchen…we are loving the fall flavored M&M’s® Pecan Pie! This is the second recipe that I have created using them. They just really enhance the flavors of my fall baking. Last time I made these delicious Caramel Apple Cupcakes, and I knew that this time I wanted to actually bake the M&M’s® in my dish. I had never made bread pudding before, but I see it done all the time on one of my favorite cooking shows. It seems simple enough, and I make baked French toast all the time during the holiday season, and it’s put together so very similar. This pumpkin bread pudding turned out superb! It’s so simple to make and you can grab all the ingredients at Walmart. Right now there is a coupon you can use to grab your M&M’s®!
If you love this idea, you’ll want to check out the other delicious recipes here. What are you looking forward to making and eating this fall?
- ½ cup M&M's® Pecan Pie
- 1 12 oz loaf French bread torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Mott's® Apple Sauce Original
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Snapple® Apple
- ½ cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing room temperature
- M &M's® Pecan Pie
- Place the torn bread and ½ cup M&M's® Pecan Pie into a large bowl, set aside.
- Grease an 8X8 inch baking dish, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another large bowl whisk together your milk, apple sauce, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon together, until everything is incorporated.
- Pour your mixture over your bread and M&M's®. Stir to coat everything. (I used my hands at this point)
- Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to allow the bread to soak up all the goodness.
- Pour into your greased baking dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is set and beginning to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool just a bit before serving.
- When your ready to serve make the topping by mixing together the ½ cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing and the 2 tablespoons Snapple® Apple.
- Slice your bread pudding and using a pie server plate your bread pudding, pour a small amount of topping over it, sprinkle with additional M&M's® Pecan Pie, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 711Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 4gSugar: 58gProtein: 12g