School is back in session and fall is literally right around the corner. Even though the weather here is still hot as all get out, I am in the fall mood. I’m ready for that cool crisp weather, apple cider, hot cocoa, soups, and pumpkin everything!
I decided to combine two of my favorite flavors and go with pumpkin apple muffins. They are moist and have just the right amount of spice to them. This recipe will have you feeling like fall in no time!
-Scroll down for a printable version-
What do you need?
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water (mix up first and set aside)
1 cup canned pumpkin – or go all out and go fresh – I honestly didn’t have the time
¼ cup oil
2 cups finely chopped apples
**if there aren’t any nut allergies in your family, feel free to add in some chopped pecans
What do you do?
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin or use paper baking cups.
2. Combine all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients. Do not over mix!
4. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Mix until it’s just combined.
5. Fold in your apples.
6. Scoop 2 rounded tablespoons into each muffin tin or baking cup.
7. Bake at 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature. Makes approx. 24 regular size muffins.