You’re gonna love this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet! All those flavors you love in a Philly Cheesesteak, but done in a mouthwatering comforting pasta dish.
We go through phases where we eat a lot of Philly Cheesesteaks for dinner, but this last time it was requested, I told the girls (they requested them) that I couldn’t eat another one. I then began thinking of ways to have those flavors without actually have a Philly Cheesesteak.
I just shared my Sloppy Joe Pasta Skillet, and wondered how a Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet would be….Um, why did I even wonder!? It is freaking scrumptious! It’s comfort food, because, pasta! It’s cheesy, because hello provolone! It’s healthy…wait, maybe not. But, it does have bell peppers, and those are vegetables! So I’ll give it a healthy check. Ha. Then there is all that protein from the ground beef. Ok, we’ve got a winner!
This dish is really easy to throw together. While you’re browning your ground beef, your pasta is cooking. By the time your pasta is ready, it’s almost time to toss it all together, sprinkle that cheese, broil, and bam..Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet! I love meals that are ready in less than 30 minutes!
This is almost a one pan meal. Shame on that pasta! You know…you could probably get away without the pasta, IF you are going low carb, and if that’s the case, it would totally be a one pan meal. Just skip the pasta, and toss in a few extra bell peppers, and an extra onion. Truth be told, I’m gonna try that low carb idea very soon.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground sirloin ground beef works just as well
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 small green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons kethcup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces provolone cheese slices, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook your macaroni according to the package directions.
- While the macaroni is cooking..heat a large oven safe pan over medium to high heat. Brown your ground beef, season with salt and pepper. Once browned remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Cook the onions and and peppers for about 3 to 4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Your macaroni should be done at this point. Drain the pasta, place back into the pot you cooked it in. Toss in the ground beef, peppers, onion, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce . Toss to mix well.
- In your large oven safe pan, place one third of the mixture in the bottom. Sprinkle a layer of the provolone cheese. Repeat two more times. With the last time, sprinkle with the remaining provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven, under broil. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and brown! Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 135mg Sodium: 807mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 48g